Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with optimizing PAP for 85-year-old
RE: Help with optimizing PAP for 85-year-old
Unfortunately, we only have a summary and no idea what results were for other pressures or if the reduction of events was linear, or even what kind of events were recorded. Request the detailed results. I'm certain that this was simply a typical window where CA events were less. Also, what were the SpO2 results. If your doctor or clinic can only quack and not tell your logically their strategy, you know they are quacks. This looks like quacks and you need to move on to a competent professional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Help with optimizing PAP for 85-year-old
Thanks, Sleeprider. Yeah, I'm going doctor shopping for my dad.

But, I don't get it. His current practitioner is both highly experienced and unusually well-credentialed, with diverse intellectual interests - certainly no quack, at least not as I understand the attributes and qualities typically ascribed to quacks.

All I can think is that this doctor may be badly overextended due to his position and attendant responsibilities. Or, more darkly...there are some right powerful disincentives (professional, financial, or administrative) dissuading him from prescribing ASV for my father. Even so, ASV aside, if he could've offered at least *some* semblance of a strategy for improving his sleep...

Oh well. In any event, barring a pleasant surprise from the doc - time to move on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing fikus56 100 1,937 09-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Daytime sleepiness one year into ASV petemsw 11 284 08-28-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Dialing in this Year DreamWeaver80 4 132 07-06-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] APAP - 1 year in to therapy ClearSky 3 204 07-01-2021, 10:18 PM
Last Post: ClearSky
  New user seeking guidance optimizing settings kmelman 19 597 06-10-2021, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 10 AutoSet - optimizing settings? RadarRalfs 5 422 04-23-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Optimizing UARS Therapy From ASV to Vauto UARS.DDS 17 860 01-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: UARS.DDS

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.