Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with s-9 Vpap in S mode
RE: Help with s-9 Vpap in S mode
Download OSCAR and post a daily screen shot the resscan data does not show us what we need to know. But based on the event distribution more EPAP is required in S mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion of oscar. What a difference good software can make. Heres a picture from the last night I used my machine. Havent messed with it since...
Thanks again for taking time to look at my data. Also I have another question if you dont have sleep apnea can the machine cause them?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I do know that for a lot of PAP users, treatment emergent central apnea can occur. In that context, yes the machine can cause apnea events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2020, 04:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 03:50 PM)Gtm4192 Wrote: @sleeprider 
What was your hunch?

Post a daily detail chart. So far I haven’t seen anything useful.

Just posted a detailed chart check them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Epap needs to be raised try a min Epap of 4 to reduce the obstructive Apnoea
Post Reply Post Reply
Your settings are EPAP 3.0 and IPAP 7.0. I agree with Jaswilliams you need higher pressure to deal with the OA events. Increase EPAP and IPAP by 1-cm until the events are controlled the next changes are 4/8 then 5/9. I have rarely seen such low pressure work with obstructive apnea.

My "hunch" was assuming your pressure and pressure support were higher and resulted in CA events, so i was way off, but that's why we want to see some data first. Assuming works about as well as your current low pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help. I haven’t been sleeping well so not thinking clearly so thanks for bearing with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's OK, we'll wait till you're feeling better then we send you the bill. Then you'll feel sick again. We need big diesel truck Ford F-350 and travel trailer payment money. Probably enough for a shiny Airstream!

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the help. I have been sleeping better thankfully. Attached is last nights data I upped pressure 1cm all around. Also messed with the Ti Max 3.1 changed from 2.0/Ti Min .3 unchanged.

Hope I did everything corretly

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't set the "Trigger" to Very High, I suggest that you do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 35 3 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,500 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 318 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 493 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 400 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 328 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.