Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with s-9 Vpap in S mode
Help with s-9 Vpap in S mode
Hope everyone is well. A few questions. I seem to only be able to handle this machine in spontaneous mode. The others make me feel as if I am smothering. Last night I had 20 events is this normal? Mix of Obstructive and Centrals. I can post a picture of a report if someone will tell me how to attach a file or picture. Settings are  Epap-3 Ipap-7 Easy Breathe on of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with s-9 Vpap in S mode
Gtm, the tutorials for attaching an image are in my signature link. You will probably find OSCAR to be a very helpful software. It is free and can be downloaded from the forum. I think I can already identify your problem, but it will help to see the images. Use the full REPLY option and you should be able to attach any jpg, png and similar image files less than 1-MB in size. Be sure to browse for the image and then add the image.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those kinds of pressures would probably be suitable for a baby not for a grown person. Try EPAP 7 IPAP 11 for the time being and if its uncomfortable work your way into comfort options : Trigger/Cycle/Rise time

For maximum comfort I use :
Cycle : med
Trigger : Very high
Rise Time: 500ms
Mask type: Pediatric(this setting makes the settings above even more sensitive)

Easy breathe off (this one is disruptive for me)
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board.

Try the wiki info in this link to add a New Attachment via the Choose File button at the bottom of the post text box. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

It mentions size limitations, etc as well.
It's best if you could download OSCAR to create a data chart so we can assist in the settings. Those seem very low, and may not be providing enough air for you. Most adults need at least 6 cmH2. Do you have your detailed sleep study? It would be good to post a redacted version of that. I think you have US as your location, and if so, this sleep study copy is legally permitted for you to obtain. If not that, if you see the events data from that study, you can list those as it's better than nothing. I am concerned that if you were tested with mixed apnea, then you may be on the wrong PAP machine. If you have mixed apnea, then you may need the ASV instead. I cannot be certain until we see data, but you could be suffering from lots of Central Apnea events. Again, data will verify this.

Another item, you can get your CPAP Setup Manual from the top banner to learn the settings on the machine you have.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

Will try tonight to test those out.Thanks.

Will try tonight to test those out.Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the thoughts. Crowter exact opposite here easy breathe makes it so much easier to breathe for me at least.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heres one image fast learner lol. Thanks for the insight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Also rise time is greyed out on my machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
@sleeprider 
What was your hunch?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2020, 03:50 PM)Gtm4192 Wrote: @sleeprider 
What was your hunch?

Post a daily detail chart. So far I haven’t seen anything useful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 684 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.