Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings
RE: Help with settings
Sorry, that one screenshot wasn't great, here's another

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The screenshot with the closeup respiration from 1/21 shows perfection and a respiratory rate of 15.0 BPM at 22:42-22:43. The next one shows a respiration rate of 7.5 BPM and some flow limitation at 22:54. The session information is cutoff so I don't know what changed, but the first one is only a 6-minute session. Anyway, your minute vent and tidal volume is up and not particularly alarming. We still don't know the source of flow limitation or slow respiratory rate, but maybe it's not a problem. You should ask you doctor if that is anything to be concerned about.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I decided to buy a pulse oximeter to see how my oxygen levels and heart rate were when I am asleep. Not sure if it's good or bad or average, just wondering what your impressions/analysis might be. I woke up around 4 am and removed it because my finger was a little sore. My heart rate will probably seem low to you, but it's not out of the ordinary for myself, it's usually in the low 60's when I'm relaxing at home, but it seems to change a lot when I'm asleep. 
The leaking seems under control and my AHI is pretty reasonable.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your median oxygen saturation of 93% at night is not very impressive, and a normal range is 95-100%. My own oxygen saturation rarely falls below 97%. Values below 90% are considered low and the Medicare guidelines would require desaturation to less than 88% for more than 5 minutes. You might want to include a dotted line at 88% to see where you actually reach that threshold or locate the statistic for tme below 88%.

Your doctor is the most qualified individual to look at your results, perhaps use arterial blood samples, and determine if there is a need for treatment. At this point, I'd consider you chronically below average during sleep. An interesting correlation on your chart is that pulse rate rises and SpO2 drops during the periods where your expiration time increases. It would be interesting to see the respiration rate chart as I suspect this also correlates to times where the respiratory rate drops.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help with BIPAP settings cloudy 15 1,578 02-13-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Device Settings - Type of Mask ruach 3 178 01-29-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Should I change my pressure settings? zheshi 9 368 01-28-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Pressure] help with settings, nightly wallomping scaniadriver 5 249 01-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Last Post: scaniadriver
  Central & Obstructive - AHI always around 10 with ASV. Tweak Settings? My3rd3y3 9 322 01-23-2019, 09:37 AM
  [Treatment] Settings Review jminminnesota 3 150 01-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  New APAP user, can you check my settings? nbritton 4 176 01-09-2019, 05:13 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.