Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings to improve overly high AHI
RE: Help with settings to improve overly high AHI
Thanks, Vaughn!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also remember that your SA is not the only thing reacting to pressure changes, you are on the end of that hose also and large steps in pressure can be quite disruptive. Give yourself time to adjust. I have bee changing pressure since May first and just yesterday I went and calculated the average reaction to each pressure change and then I could see a nice decrease and then it turned around and started back up again. I set my pressure back to that low point and will give it a while and see if it stays low. oh and I am changing 0.2 cm at a time
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert, but I'm a few days short of my first anniversary on an APAP, and one thing I've learned is that there is enough variability in my nightly sleep patterns that attempting to draw any conclusions about pressures, masks and other variables on the basis of a just one or a few nights' results is absolutely futile. The data set is simply too small to have any statistical reliability.

The uniform advice in this forum is to change one variable at a time, and then stick with the new setup for at least a week before deciding what, if anything, to do next. Even a week is a very small sample size, but it's way better than just one or two nights.

Good luck -- the process can be challenging but the eventual benefits are worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 246 8 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 125 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 122 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 6 207 04-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 178 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 169 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.