Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with understanding "Leak Rate"
Need input on a problem I'm having with leak rate. I use the P10 nasal pillows (Sleeprider was right, resistance was futile), a chin strap, and I tape my mouth so no air can escape. Never have a problem with dry mouth. Although my leak rate is under the 24 L/min that is recommended it seems to get close to that on many nights. I've also noticed in my charts that during the first 1-1.5 hours or sleep I don't have any leaks and if I wake during the night for a pit stop when I go back to sleep for the first 1-1.5 hour it's all good again. I normally sleep on my back but I'm wondering if I happen to roll to my side, if that could be when the leaks start. Hose management is great and it never pulls on the mask and the large pillows seem to fit just right. Wondering if anyone can see anything in my charts that might give a hint as to what's happening.

[Image: Pst33l0t.jpg]

[Image: VsJxWPit.jpg]

[Image: aUKLL8ot.jpg]

[Image: HfkilT2t.jpg]

[Image: heBKuSat.jpg]

[Image: AfDbEDpt.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding Leak Data, HELP for DUMMIES PLEASE! TrailerSweetheart 8 161 3 hours ago
Last Post: chill
  Help Understanding my Machine danshaw80909 4 144 05-27-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Very High Leak Rate Grmato10 93 3,554 05-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Surprised High Pressure Causing Problems - please explain leak data Zandor435 1 139 05-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How to set rate on Philips Respironics Dreamstation Bipap Liabostian 2 228 05-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Help With Leak Data redmed 2 166 05-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  full face mask leak shleepapnea101 6 247 04-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Leemax