Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with understanding my Usage Report.
Exclaimation 
Help with understanding my Usage Report.
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with the numbers from my Usage Report obtained from sleep care company. I just completed my first 90 days and when I saw the Dr, he hadn't received my report so I had sleep care company send me one. I am using a Resmed VPAP Adapt (S9 w/ ASV Auto) with added supplemental O2 3L/min. Here is my Numbers from last 30 days: Average usage 8 hrs 8 min, Daily 8 hrs 25 min, Median 8 hrs 28 min. Mode ASV, Epap 15cmH20, Min PS 5, Max PS 10.
Therapy section is where I have my most questions..
Leaks - L/min Median:0.3 95th percentile: 34.9 Maximum 63.1
Events Per Hour AI:0.1 HI:0.4 AHI: 0.5

All I know is I am a New Man now that I am using the VPAP Therapy and Supplemental O2. My sleep Studies showed severe Central Apnea, 109+ events an hour and I was holding my breath for 18-45 seconds in multiple back to back events and my Oxygen saturation was 73-75%.

It was a little Daunting to think I would have to wear this the rest of my life, but I have adapted nicely. I am 42 years old and the Diagnosis of Dying from Major Organ or Heart Failure by the age of 55-60 was not an option for me being a single father! The results have been amazing! No more waking every 2 hrs, having to urinate 3-4 times a night, severe headaches like a bad hangover (I don't even drink) and wanting to sleep 16-20 hrs a day was terrible. My blood pressure dropped from 142 over 92 average to 120 over 72. I feel like my batteries are charged every morning and I do not need a pot of coffee to get out the door. I have urinated 3 times in 3 months and no more NAPS ALL DAY! Though sometimes I lay down on the machine and supplemental O2 for 30 min for a quick recharge!

Thanks in advance for any help understanding these numbers! Chad!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with understanding my Usage Report.
Hi ChadIAm, welcome aboard
Good to hear that you have adapted nicely, ASV can take some getting used to
AHI 0.5 is excellent result, anything at or below 5 considered good results

Median 0.3 L/m .. leak was at or below this number for 50% of the time
95th percentile 34.9 L/m ... leak was at or below this number for 95% of the time
Maximum 63.1 L/m ... leak was at or below this number for 5% of the time

Resmed define acceptable leak at 24 L/m and above 30 L/m, the data become unreliable. Not a problem, if Smiley face showing on the screen in the morning which I suspect he does (not sad face)
The numbers does not tell us the whole picture, the software leak graph shows leak variation during the night, might be some mouth leaks here and there and chinstrap may helps as you,re using nasal pillows
Software download link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
Since we don't have your leak graph, pressure graph, event graph, it is hard to give you the big picture, but, it looks like your leaks are too high. They need to be at or below 24.

I would recommend downloading SleepyHead software and/or ResScan software and look at your data that would give you more information. In the meantime, I would work on getting your leaks down by adjusting your nasal pillows, using a chin strap or trying a nasal mask and you may need a chin strap or some form of helping you keep your mouth closed when you are sleeping if you are a mouth breather. IMHO, as a last resort, you may need to switch to a ffm.

Stay with it as you are aware of what not having therapy will do to your organs or worse. Hope this helps some.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank You Zonk! What you were saying about mouth leaks makes since. I sometimes wake up with a dry mouth, but not every day. During the first month it was hard to break my old schedule of waking every 2 hrs to go to the bathroom and fidgeting with the mask. By the second month I would only wake once a night and that is usually from the back strap on my mask slipping up and making my mask leak. But now in the 3rd month, the machine and I know each other and I am dreaming like I did as a Child... Yes, it has been that long since I remember my dreams. All my life I thought I had the Coolest ability to fall asleep anytime and anywhere I wanted (trips, hotels, cars, planes and the floor). Little did I know I had Central Apnea and the Ill effects it has on your Life... I AM GREAT NOW!! Big Grin

[/quote]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Me50, I will call my Sleep Care provider tomorrow and talk to them. I also Shaved off my Goatee and my mask seems to fit a lot better. Since I now have this report I will have something to compare it too. I will ask about the software too.. My Machine has wireless modem so I don't get the info directly or maybe I can and I need to ask them how...Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 02:14 AM)ChadIAm Wrote: Thanks Me50, I will call my Sleep Care provider tomorrow and talk to them. I also Shaved off my Goatee and my mask seems to fit a lot better. Since I now have this report I will have something to compare it too. I will ask about the software too.. My Machine has wireless modem so I don't get the info directly or maybe I can and I need to ask them how...Thanks!

Your DME won't be able to provide you with the software. You can go to this link and get the software to download. Most prefer SleepyHead but you can use ResScan as well. Be sure if you want to download ResScan you read the instructions very carefully before you download it. If you don't need the drivers and you download them, you won't be able to use the software even if you uninstall it and reinstall it. Better to not download the 3 drivers if you aren't sure than to download them and not need them and then not be able to use the software. Hope this helps.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply
Most prefer SleepyHead
[/quote]

I just Downloaded Sleepyhead...Heck I just noticed the SD card in my machine. I didint think I had one since I had the wireless router... DUH! OK I will blame that on the Apnea had my brain stuck on stupid and now its awake... So there is a ton of EDF and CRC files... so I am hoping that is the data input into sleepyhead...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 02:47 AM)ChadIAm Wrote: Most prefer SleepyHead

I just Downloaded Sleepyhead...Heck I just noticed the SD card in my machine. I didint think I had one since I had the wireless router... DUH! OK I will blame that on the Apnea had my brain stuck on stupid and now its awake... So there is a ton of EDF and CRC files... so I am hoping that is the data input into sleepyhead...
[/quote]

once you download sleepyhead, you have to import the data from your SD card and then you will be able to see what happens each night while you are sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing great Chad! I hope in three months I will be able to be saying similar things as you. My condition is similar with CSA except my oxygen was at 80% and my treatment went haywire and off the tracks over a three year period from the time of my first sleep study.
I had a different machine and so on.

I am currently waiting on my new S9 adapt coming in the mail while not being treated at all. I can feel it too. Whoa. Keep up the good work fella! I will learn following what you are doing. I am curious about the oxygen you are getting. I ran it by my new sleep doctor and he basically laughed it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 04:50 AM)goodonya Wrote: You are doing great Chad! I hope in three months I will be able to be saying similar things as you. My condition is similar with CSA except my oxygen was at 80% and my treatment went haywire and off the tracks over a three year period from the time of my first sleep study.
I had a different machine and so on.

I am currently waiting on my new S9 adapt coming in the mail while not being treated at all. I can feel it too. Whoa. Keep up the good work fella! I will learn following what you are doing. I am curious about the oxygen you are getting. I ran it by my new sleep doctor and he basically laughed it off.

me50.... Thank You, I downloaded all the info from my SD card and am blown away at all the information it tracks. Looks like I have a "New Toy" to play with and some learning to do. Thanks for all the input! Big Grin

Goodonya, I hope you have the same success that I have had. I enjoy my VPAP adapt. I like how it helps me with respiration. Instead of counting sheep I just breath with the Machine and I find myself falling off to sleep right away. I don't use the Ramp feature anymore, when I did it was for 5 or 10 min, I find it easier to equalize my ears a couple of times and then it stops effecting my ears. I also have a medical style bed and I sleep with my head and feet slightly elevated. The times I have slept flat on my back through the Holidays while visiting my family I had significant numbers of events. I have Oxygen concentration machine that hooks directly into my Climate Control line and I receive 3L/min Oxygen. All I know is I wake up feeling so much better then I ever thought possible. I thought it was a normal thing to wake up and be tired, I know differently now. Any encouraging I can do when you get your machine feel free to ask any questions!

Make sure you that you download sleepyhead software like me50 said above and you will be blown away by all the information it tracks for you too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 210 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,937 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 1,034 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 211 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 703 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.