Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help working out what is going on with my sleep
Help working out what is going on with my sleep
New to the CPAP game and hoping for some help please.
I am a 30 year old healthy male. I don’t smoke or drink, I’m active, play football and I am in the healthy BMI. I decided to do a sleep study because I wake up exhausted. I also drool in sleep and grind my teeth.
My sleep study results are as follows:
Total AHI: 18.2/hr
REM AHI: 42.1/hr
PLMS: 1.8hr
Minimum sp02: 88
Longest obstructive sleep apnoea: 0 secs
Longest hypopnoea: 118 secs
Total time snoring: 412mins (84% of sleep)
Inverted ECG

Overall conclusion: moderate sleep apnea with some oxygen desaturation
I have a long wait to get into my ENT to review my results. I’m just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are in the meantime.
The sleep study place have considered a CPAP machine. I think my ENT will say septoplasty because I have some deviation in my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help working out what is going on with my sleep
Typical of an ENT to opt for surgery and not the PAP. There's more money in that choice into their pocket. And most that do choose surgery over PAP eventually need PAP anyway. If me, I'd skip the surgery and get a PAP. Best choice is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. There are suppliers that ship to Australia.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2021, 01:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Typical of an ENT to opt for surgery and not the PAP. There's more money in that choice into their pocket. And most that do choose surgery over PAP eventually need PAP anyway. If me, I'd skip the surgery and get a PAP. Best choice is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. There are suppliers that ship to Australia.

I couldn't agree with this answer more...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the replies.

Interesting but not surprising my ENT has been pro surgery given he has suggested it from the get go even before testing.

Does anyone know why my hypopnoea only seems to occur in my REM?
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure myself if it may be a sleep pattern thing or a more relaxed state. Something on that line is possible.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.