Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Helped requested for good AHI but frequent awakenings
Helped requested for good AHI but frequent awakenings
Good Day All,

Wondering if someone could take a look at my attached OSCAR charts and provide some insight as to why I am waking every 3 to 4 hours each night.

Recently changed from CPAP to BLCPAP. Sleeping much better w/ a PS of 4, feel more rested and alert during the day. And not waking as often .... but still waking once or twice a night, generally every 3 to 4 hours.

My sleep hygiene is good. No electronics for 2 hours before bed, good room temp etc. No trouble falling asleep initially or after waking. Every once in awhile I will have a 5 to 6 hour sleep period and I wake feeling fantastic. But those nights are very rare. Don't think I have seen more than 6 hours straight in about 10 years.

Any ideas? My numbers are great. AHI generally between 0 and .6 most evenings. I do see some junk on my flow chart shortly before awakening but they have been there since starting therapy (and using OSCAR) and a wider pressure range g. PS 4 over 6.8 to 14 didn't seem to made any noticeable difference. I have noticed if my pressure varies too much I wake more often and also have more OAs ....my body tends to respond better to a fixed pressure though I am open to going back to auto mode if it will help me get longer uninterrupted sleep.

thx.

s.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Helped requested for good AHI but frequent awakenings
A few more screen shots.

also, not taking any medication other than Flonaise for seasonal allergies.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  OSCAR High AHI Frequent CA's - New to CPAP nixontahoe 9 365 03-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 699 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.