Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Helpful info re Toshiba Flashair
Helpful info re Toshiba Flashair
Hey,

A few people here use Toshiba Flashair cards, a little tip I've discovered is you can use SD card extension adapters such as the one linked below:
[commercial link removed. Instead, search eBay for "SD Male To SD Female SDXC SDHC Card Reader Extension Cable For TV Phone GPS"]

This can drastically increase the range of the integrated wifi on the flashair.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Helpful info re Toshiba Flashair
are you saying moving the card a short distance away from the machine improves and increases the range?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2018, 06:53 AM)silversnore Wrote: are you saying moving the card a short distance away from the machine improves and increases the range?

Essentially - yes
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a combination of getting the transceiver away from the motor reduces interference, and the extension wires possibly acting as an antenna.
I'm betting 90% of the improvement is the former.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
What I use. Works most of the time. Still not 100%.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...WiFi-range
Post Reply Post Reply
From the pics I saw, it looked like the transmitter (within the card) was raised higher up into a direct line to the WiFi router. Possibly above bed/furniture. (WiFi doesn't like obstructions, especially metal -- like pipes; wires; coil springs in mattresses; etc.)
Post Reply Post Reply
My son who lives at the other end of my house, and I both use machines with flashair cards in them. My router is located right next to my room - but setting up his at the other end of the house was challenging. I solved it by putting a Netgear Genie repeater in his room and making it a slave of my router. It has the same host name, and you can connect to it on your phone wifi, and switch to the house wifi as you walk down the hall seamlessly. Works fantastically for the flashair.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 262 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,653 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  ASV Not Helpful? itchy365 2 438 07-21-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: itchy365

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.