Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Hepa Filter install
Pup,
Thanks for the advice. I have been looking at Amazon and there are several sellers offering filters at volume, but I also worry about quality. Truth is I am having trouble wrapping my head around any of the pricing for these tiny and very flimsy filters.

If you can buy a Window A/C unit filter for -$4 and a whole house A/C unit filter which is 20 x 20 x .5 inches for less than $10, how can these tiny patches of woven fiber cost this much?

Anybody have success buying larger filters and cutting them down to the right size?
09-30-2016 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

Sex: Male

RE: Hepa Filter install
I remember a thread discussing cutting filters for cpap machines. There was some concern about not knowing for sure if the material used was acceptable for medical grade use.

You are right to be cautious about the quality of the filters. The filters I have purchased are OEM filters with the Respironics logo an them. Sometimes you can see the logo in the picture of the product or the seller will state they are OEM. In any case you would still need to look at the reviews. You can usually find where someone says if they are or are not OEM. I only buy through Prime which sets a little higher standard for the seller. I also only buy from vendors who have been around a while and have rating in the high nineties. Doing so may cost a little more but it helps assure there will not be a problem with the purchase.

You could also check the suppliers on Suppliers List to see if you can find them.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2016 09:03 PM by pupcamper.)
09-30-2016 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question FILTER BALONEY srlevine1 3 337 10-14-2016 11:15 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Lower AHI when using HME filter dzwiss 9 445 09-28-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: dzwiss
  Whistling air filter/Philips DreamStation PurpleKite 8 1,052 06-13-2016 07:04 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  I forgot to re install data card in APAP rozenbob 3 575 05-29-2016 11:59 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Hinges where the filter door attaches keep breaking leopardlovely 12 770 05-06-2016 01:38 PM
Last Post: leopardlovely
  Baby hid my filter brehenys 6 526 04-16-2016 05:40 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Bacteria/Viral Filter & Humidifier valligal 12 4,103 04-03-2016 10:51 PM
Last Post: archangle