Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hepa Filter install
Hepa Filter install
Hello, I am installing a hepa filter in my machine and the pressure is lower because of it. If I leave it installed can I increase the pressure to accommodate it? if so how much should I increase it? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hepa Filter install
I use the after market round plastic filter with no change. Just blowing through it shows me it does not obstruct much at all. What are you using? If you know it is lowering you need to know how much. Is it made for pap? I would want a meter or test to be sure.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't think you could fit a CPAP with a HEPA filter without some substantial mods.

Dont-know
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kevco1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I didn't think you could put a heppa filter in CPAP machines.
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Resmed machines can be fitted with a hepa filter and if I recall rightly there is a setting for that on the "clinicians" menu.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the OP is referring to the antibacterial filter which is housed in round plastic and goes inline with the machine output.
It does add some impedance to the flow circuit; and ReMed machines do have a setting for that filter.
[Image: hepa-bacterial-viral-cpap-filter.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
This would be a good job for someone with a 3D printer to forge an adaptor so a standard shop-vac filter (or equivalent) could be used on the intake side of the CPAP.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
It's actually just a small rectangular filter that goes in behind the foam filter in the back..
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 01:48 PM)Kevco1 Wrote: It's actually just a small rectangular filter that goes in behind the foam filter in the back..

The small fine white rectangular filter is optional and goes in first, then the black foam filter. I don't see how that impedes the air flow, although these filters should be replaced monthly. The black foam filter can be washed.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The small white rectangular filter that goes in with the black foam one is not a HEPA filter.

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what chip do I install for Oscar? mrpat 3 150 Yesterday, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 122 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 119 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,881 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,186 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 911 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.