Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Here goes....
Cool 
Here goes....
I was originally diagnosed with OSA in 2012 at an in-lab sleep study.  Refused CPAP at the time. I'm currently 50, snored my whole life, regardless of whether I was fat, thin, or somewhere in between.  My DH has grown tired of kicking me at night and after two shoulder surgeries last year and months of forced back-sleeping, I find myself now JUST. SO. TIRED.  As in two hour nap lunch breaks.  Thank goodness I have the best boss ever.  I had a home study done again several weeks ago and if I remember the results (yes, I'll make sure to get a copy) I had an AHI of 18.5 (not bad right?) but what freaked me out is the sleep dude told me I stopped breathing >10 seconds 48 times and partially stopped 99 times.  When I add that to the fact that I couldn't have slept more than 5 hours that night that was pretty scary.  I've learned a lot reading here but I know I have a LONG way to go to figure all this out. Hopefully it i will go well, thank you to all of you for helping me learn!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Here goes....
Welcome, Yoda1989. Good luck with your treatment.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would start with downloading SleepyHead (free), Organizing your charts (important) and finally posting your charts.

There are two sides of therapy, The first we measure primarily with AHI, After that it is more about how you feel.  For successful long term treatment, you need both
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a great machine and a good choice of nasal pillows mask. I think you will soon ask, why did I wait so long?

#Sleepyhead is your friend, but I suspect you will take to this naturally if you give it the chance you deserve. I'm thinking your DH is doing a little dance because he finally gets to sleep too. I won't mention what else might be better...you'll find out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Yoda1989,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Yoda, it might take a little while before you can really feel the difference but it will come for sure and you'll wonder how you ever managed without your CPAP. My experience was that I slept so much less with the CPAP on than before, but still felt more rested. My test results were similar to yours and I went for years with the snoring and the exhaustion. I'm just glad I never killed anyone by falling asleep at the wheel, always had to fight keeping my eyes open...This is never a problem now.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.