Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Here is my feature list for ResScan 5.2 and Resmed Airsense 10
Here is my feature list for ResScan 5.2 and Resmed Airsense 10
Here are the enhancements that I think will make this more usable for a clinical and home setting.

Any thoughts out there on these?

Feature #1: AirSense 10: On the Clinic menu, add PULSE AND SPO2 Calibration inputs. Let the user put in a number from -9.9 to + 9.9. Tenths are important.
Competitive advantage: No one else does this and it easily would be a Product literature feature.

If you had this feature and it adjusted all SPO2 or Pulse before storing the data, I would not need a RMA on this unit. I would set the SPO2 to +1.5 and be done.

I can see in a setting at Stanford or PAMF, the tech could do per machine calibrations and set the offset and the accuracy will be consistent on all the machines used in the lab.

An example: Patient does overnight with Oximetry in bed #1 which is -2 SPO2, shows up a month later in Bed #2 that is +2 SPO2, and this patient data has an accuracy of +- 4 SPO2. That would be pretty bad if you are trying to get an accurate comparison.

I just want a medically accurate device, and don’t want to be adjusting my numbers in my head every time I look at a chart. A software calibration would be perfect for me.

Feature #2: AirSense 10: Let the user export DATE/TIME/PULSE/SPO2 to a CSV file one reading per row. EX of a row: 01/03/2015,20:35:07,67,96

I can do quite a bit with a spreadsheet and a pivot table. Like chart the SPO2 percentages in each percentage and summarize data any way I want (Not the primitive oximetry screen that lets you pick 3 data points. (Not useful).

Feature #3: AirSense 10: Either ALWAYS record SPO2 or make it a user option to configure to always record it.
Competitive advantage: No one else does this and it easily would be a Product literature feature.

There are many completive Advantages:
Clinical LABS and Users can now use the machine as a SPO2 Device that is can be calibrated (Once you implement feature #1). Convenience of a device that integrates into your patient data is extremely valuable.

Feature #4: AirSense 10: Let the user set the time before dimming the display in seconds or NEVER. I can’t tell you how many time I reach over and turn the nob to see if the SPO2 is still reading….. SPO2 finger monitor can shift and stop recording in the night.

Feature #6: ResScan Oximetry tab: Pretty useless. Doctors want to know time AND percentage below a threshold to write a supplemental O2 Prescription. Change the display to have at least 10 data fields AND ADD percent and time in each. Add total time to the top of the page as well so you know how long the session was in a single report.
I can then set them to something like: 100 98 96 94 92 90 88 86 84 82, and use a quick calculation to get the odd fields from the report.

Feature #7: AirSense 10: The sleep report display is not very useful, here is what is missing: If you don’t like this format, then add user option to choose a detailed display or the current display.
The spinning pressure needs to be changed to a simple large font number up by the range of the CPAP device like: 13:00 – 15:00: 13.3. Any user can see it is going up or down. Don’t waste a bunch of precious screen real estate on a spinning dial.
Add the current time to the display
Add the total time in therapy session to the display
Keep all of the other data on there.
Add more Useful Dynamic data if you have room in the detailed display mode that help the user when you are checking the display.

Here is why:
When I wake up, I want to know how many hours I have completed, as the FAA wants 6 hours a night for a medical compliance. I will stop the machine just to check how many hours completed. If it is on the sleep report, I will just go back to sleep without stopping it.
I want to know what time it is without looking at another device. It is inside this device, please display it.

Feature #8: AirSense 10: Move the date time adjustment from the Clinic Menu to the User Menu. Should be self-explanatory. I had to read through the apneaboard forums to find it was buried under clinical menu.

Feature #9: AirSense 10: SPO2 display: Add the calibration offset for pulse and SPO2 to this display when you implement feature #1.

Feature #10: AirSense 10: Make plastic finger shaped test pieces or equivalent. Make these testers with the known calibration number stamped on the back. They would be plastics that provide a known frequency transmittal to the finger monitor and that would be used to calibrate in the field. I am thinking 100% 95% and 85% fixed transparency frequencies that the user than use feature #1 to calibrate to. Clinics and users can use this. Your factory can use these before they send out the units and or them in the actual oxygen sensor kit box when you ship them.

Feature #11: ResScan: Export Oximetry report in a CSV. Once you implement feature #6, I would want to capture this in a spreadsheet for summary reports that span the entire month, etc. OR add a monthly report for Oximetry AND let us export the monthly data. I would add calculations to fill in the missing fields and use pivot tables to chart the monthly progress.

Feature #12: ResScan: Don’t erase all data on SD card when you change the machine settings. Just add the SETTINGS directory. I now change the setting, copy back all the data, and put the card back in, or just use the clinic menu. Not sure why you do that but I lost data the first time I did this, and it was annoying.

Feature #13: AirSense 10: Let the user get the current time from your server automatically, once a day when machine is inactive. The machine is already sending data, then why not just get the clock from your server to sync time. The user can set a time zone.

Feature #14: AirSense 10: Automatic Firmware Updates: This should happen over the wireless and from your server. Users should be able to get updates and a message shows up on the front screen like: Firmware updated, download latest manual from RESMED.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Here is my feature list for ResScan 5.2 and Resmed Airsense 10
Jim,

I am new to this and it appears you have some experience with this machine. I download the Resscan software off a link I found on the site and looks like version 5.3 I am having a problem downloading data from the machine directly using the cellular or wifi built into the unit. Cant find any info on this in the clinicians guide either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BorisLolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 12:27 AM)Borisb Wrote: Jim,

I am new to this and it appears you have some experience with this machine. I download the Resscan software off a link I found on the site and looks like version 5.3 I am having a problem downloading data from the machine directly using the cellular or wifi built into the unit. Cant find any info on this in the clinicians guide either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BorisLolabove

You need to pull the sd card out of the machine and read it from a SD card reader on your computer.

Resscan and sleepyhead are both looking for a SD card.

sleepy head does have a folder option if you start copying your SD card data to a common directory (Which I do every time so I have a complete database and backup).

You can also register for this cheerleader style resmed site that shows daily high level not useful data:

myair.resmed.com/

you register and the next day it starts showing you smiley face like statistical on your sessions.. I registered, but have little use for this data.

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 12:27 AM)Borisb Wrote: Jim,

Thanks,

BorisLolabove
Boris, You can't get that software to do the cellular down loads unless your a DME or Clinic.
You have to transfer your data via SD card.
Sorry it's just not that easy yet.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 465 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,822 7 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.