Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Here is my story. Any suggestions or advice you have are appreciated.
RE: Here is my story. Any suggestions or advice you have are appreciated.
(11-03-2015, 04:24 PM)robertbuckley Wrote: Has anyone mentioned if they were seeing Alpha wave intrusions that correlated with your arousals? If so, there may be some meds to help block those during your sleep. This is all tricky stuff, and there can be multiple things going on, which makes it so much harder to treat. Remember, it is the practice of medicine - in other words, sometimes they gotta practice to get it perfect. Good luck.

I guess not, since I have no idea what that is. Noone made a big enough deal of it that I took note I suppose, if they did. Is there anything else someone might have called that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Here is my story. Any suggestions or advice you have are appreciated.
I took some screenshots of my sleepyhead data to post here, if anyone wants to look at them and give me opinions. The pictures were big so I tried to scale them down, let me know if I should post them differently.

[Image: itMQWy2.jpg]
[Image: EH0eOx7.jpg]
[Image: RUfdrqa.jpg]
[Image: 9fWzNOv.jpg]

This is just a random night where I felt particularly awful the next day, but from before I got my new mask (just so I don't add variables). There's a big picture of the whole night, and then some closer shots of some weird stuff I'm wondering about. I have no idea what waveforms are useful so I decided on the flow rate, respiratory rate, and tidal volume. If you guys want to see anything else just let me know and I'll upload some more shots. I can upload more nights too, this is a common pattern it seems.

You'll notice there's also user flags. I've got user flag 1 set to 50% for 10s, I have a lot of those. Strangely, according to Resmed's website that's actually the reduction and time they define as a hypopnea. They don't mention other criteria, so I don't know why these user flagged events aren't being scored as a hypopnea, but they must not match some detail of the definition.

I've been reading and looking at all this closer tho and I'm curious if this looks like periodic breathing and/or cheynes-stokes respiration to anyone else?

I'm not sure exactly what that would imply, since I don't have congestive heart failure and I'm not a big opium addict, but I am interested in knowing more.

Also, is this enough to account for my excessive daytime sleepiness or would it only matter if it affected my blood oxygen saturation? I haven't tried using a pulse oximeter yet, but I'm willing to give it a shot if it might help figure things out.

Tell me what you guys think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,654 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,817 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.