Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

is that the best what I can have?
is that the best what I can have?
[attachment=8961]    
I am trying different settings on my cpap. for the  past 5 months. Finally started taping my lips plus increasing pressure and get this results.
My questions :
-is that the best what I can have ( and stop to try new settings ) 

-do I have to tape my lips forever or there is another option ( tried  soft collar- too hot)

- and finally is this flow rate a normal graph or is telling something

Thanks
Andrzej

pressure 8.5 
Flex C  1 ( not comfortable  when Off ) 
ramp 6.5 - for 15 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is that the best what I can have?
Your machine is miscalculating the inspiration and expiration causing a mis-timed change of pressure for Flex. Philips machines do this for some people, and the best solution I have found for them is to switch to Resmed, if turning off Flex does not work. Your flow rate graph shows that as your exhale slows to near zero, the machine triggers inhale pressure cutting off exhale long before you are ready. That is why iy thinks inhale is 2.8 seconds and exhale is 0.84 seconds, when actually the opposite is true.

The CPAP is treating your obstructive apnea, but disrupting your respiration. I don't know a solution for this with the Dreamstation, and it is a common problem for individuals with a long, low flow rate during expiration using Philips CPAP and BiPAP machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you , I will turn off flex and see if I could adjust and
I will send you results and ask  you to analyze again -
----appreciate your work on this forum----
Andrzej
PS .
what type of Restmed could be the best option for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
A Resmed Autoset 10 would be the best for you it can run in CPAP mode or fully auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
To answer the question. Yes this is probably the best you can have with a Dreamstation. They're not as quick to respond to events so they tend to have a little higher AHI. Your under 2 AHI which is still considered very good results.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.