Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Here is what a Sleep Tech Supervisor told me about my recent sleep study
RE: Here is what a Sleep Tech Supervisor told me about my recent sleep study
This thread is a good argument in favor of disregarding past settings and results, when changing from CPAP to bilevel, and starting over with the the titration protocol. Interesting!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 09:12 AM)bonjour Wrote: No! 4 is too low for CPAP  This is BiPAP and your starting is really 8
On CPAP this would be Range 8-14 with EPR = 4 (CPAP cannot do this as max EPR is 3) PS of 4 working for you is a criteria for justifying the higher level BiPAP/BiLevel ResMed VAuto machine because a CPAP cannot do that.

I would stick with your current settings for a few days at least to make sure the results are not a fluke.
Take a look across your flow chart with a zoom view for stuff that doesn't approximate a sine wave, to see if you are having any issue or consistent patterns that deviate.  If you see any Post them here.

Your numbers are awesome, without showing anything else it is likely your doctors will declare you a success.  We definitely want to keep an eye on the CA events as if they increase you will likely need an even more advanced and more expensive machine such as the ResMed Aircurve ASV.  CA events are generally increased with added or fluctuating pressures though they can sometimes disappear after 1 to 3 months of PAP usage.

BTW your settings are 4 - 15 PS 4 they were not changed.

For the manual look at the top banner for the CPAP setup manuals,  You will have to send an email per the last section.  In a non-automated process, you will receive info to get the manual.

Right this is BI-LEVEL. Okay so it is starting at 8. I thought from previous posts, EPAP 4 was too low. So for BI-LEVEL, EPAP 4 is okay to start out with? It just seems a little low to me. My doctor changed my setting starting last night, to 4-14 PS 4.  Previously, I was at 6-16 PS 3. Yes it could be a fluke. Because most nights I was fairly okay, then I'll have a night with OA's one-after-another.

Here are a few previous nights when it was at 6-15 PS 3 and 6-16 PS 3.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: FttAZTw.png]
[Image: cVvizzs.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a zoomed in view of a bad night.........
[Image: xN8j3Sw.png]
[Image: eHGx9z1.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Another good night.....
[Image: nTgiAYZ.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
The breathing on the 9th October looks really bizarre and a bipap without a backup rate which you have will not help that AHI of 7 a different type of machine would be required.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 12:12 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: The breathing on the 9th October looks really bizarre and a bipap without a backup rate which you have will not help that AHI of 7 a different type of machine would be required.

Why would I need backup rate? I'm not having major centrals. I'm having weird obstructions.

Last night I had the same damn issue again. I wish they would have caught this during some of my sleep studies, but apparently those nights never showed anything. And I've already had several sleep studies.

At least I now have evidence to show them. They claimed my higher settings and PS 3, was causing the blockages.

[Image: ngWUmhS.png]

[Image: B3pR7Rj.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a GREAT night, at LOW PRESSURE! IPAP 8, EPAP 4, PS 4. I got AHI 0.0 for one of the first times.I guess that sort of shows that LOWER  pressures do work better for me most of the time. It's only on occasional nights, I need higher pressures and then that still doesn't work. 

The only thing I notice is that every 20-40min, I'm taking a deep breath for some reason. But I've always done that. Probably a learnt response to apnea or something. I'm hoping once I get my deviated septum and turbinate reduction that will help with better airflow thru my nose. Then I can talk to a doctor about some in-office tongue reduction procedures.

[Image: tHSVfCS.png]

[Image: Hf0XWqb.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
With these results and good comfort, you should be careful about surgery. I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish by considering surgery.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2018, 09:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: With these results and good comfort, you should be careful about surgery.  I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish by considering surgery.

This is what I'm trying to fix. 2 or 3 nights out of each week, I have this issue with clustered OA's. I think they happen only in REM sleep. Twice recently, it caused my heart to go into abnormal rhythm, and I had to call 911. 

Last week when I discussed these types of events with my sleep doctor assistant, she said the sleep doctor said "the machine software isnt adequate to investigate these isolated events". Which is a bunch of B.S.

[Image: ibAsm7K.png]

[Image: BnJd6J9.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
When results go from perfection to crap with clustered OA, my first thought is positional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2018, 06:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: When results go from perfection to crap with clustered OA, my first thought is positional.

Regarding positional, I'm curious, do people that don't have sleep apnea nor UARS, have bad nights due to different positions? When these people tuck in their chin at night, or roll around, do they have obstructions? Or is their airway so large, that even when tucking the chin, it doesn't block? Would positions cause these flow limitations? If this is positional, would increasing IPAP even help to block the airway, if it is forcefully closed?

Every morning I wake up, I am still in the same position, with my head laying in the indentation of my ergonomic neck pillow, that tilts my head back to be straight. I also have my head of the bed raised a few inches.

Tonight, I set up a webcam in my bedroom, and going to record myself for a few nights. That way I can perhaps see what is going on, and then i can send that info to my doctors. I may also just try the soft cervical collar that I have. But in the past, I don't remember that ever helping me. Plus it was a bit too much to wear at night, with my mask, chin strap, and dental appliance.

I faxed over these images to my doctor. I'm also going ahead with some non-invasive surgery to help with my breathing. I recently talked to a coworker who had some outpatient surgery done. He had sinus surgery, Uvula removed, and his tongue base reduced, all in-office. He seems pretty satisfied so far, although he has a sore throat.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 102 4 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 99 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,687 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.