Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Here's what we did today.
I'm bleeding here.............. Did you know fingers make great chew toys? They're nice and soft, yet with a nice hard middle.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are serious, I can teach you to avoid this (really.)

We have a new "Great Pyrenees" puppy and it was very easy to teach her to do two things:

1) Bite inhibit
2) Bite moderate

Many people only teach the first and that is a huge mistake.

I frequently teach the second to rude dogs at the dog park in just a few minutes.....

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Betcha can't hold your puppy in one hand. Unless she sort of flops over the sides a lot.

Ours is a long hair mini-dachshund. By the time we got home from Salem she had us pretty well trained.
Post Reply Post Reply

I COULD hold my puppy in one hand WHEN WE BROUGHT HERE HOME.

Both of my puppies actually. Trooper my 3 year old Golden Retrieve, I held in one hand and walked about PetSmart on the way home from picking him up.

Pretty much the same with Sugar, our new GREAT Pyrenees, when we brought her home.

She doubled her weight in 6 weeks and is probably at triple now. She will make 80 to 100 lbs (hope that is all.)

Trooper is 85 and SVELT at 3 years old.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Cute pup, RG...

"Train up a pup in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

[Image: Moving-picture-little-puppy-dog-running-...ed-gif.gif]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have fond memories of the Great Pyrenees dog from my time in Colorado. I had Saints, and a good friend had a Great Pyrenees. They were best buds and just loved our Rocky Mountain snowfalls.
Post Reply Post Reply

Gonna give the miserable cats a run for their money??
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 11:08 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Gonna give the miserable cats a run for their money??

The miserable cats just do not know what to make of this thing. They just stand around and watch her with this puzzled look on their faces. If the pup makes a move towards them, they take off like their tail is on fire.

Post Reply Post Reply
When a puppy nips your finger, do what another puppy or dog would do: bite it back. But since you really shouldn't bite your dog, you modify it. You can gently grasp the muzzle and give a firm 'No'. You can tap the top of the muzzle while saying 'No'. You can put the pup down, stopping all play. This is negative reinforcement and works best on pups but can backfire if the pup is sensitive or feisty. Cool

Your best bet is to redirect the play with a toy and not do anything that involves your hand to begin with. Since it still has puppy teeth, you don't want to tug too hard with whatever toy you get. Let the pup do the pulling and you just hold it back. Or get a toy that makes noise. Even just an empty water bottle. Remove lid and ring first, though.

A pup is never too young to learn manners. You can work on sit and wait/stay now. Use some of their food from breakfast or dinner (just cut down what you feed them so the beastie doesn't get fat). Just don't call it sit or wait just yet. Save those words for later.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(05-23-2014, 01:05 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Your best bet is to redirect the play with a toy and not do anything that involves your hand to begin with. Since it still has puppy teeth, you don't want to tug too hard with whatever toy you get. Let the pup do the pulling and you just hold it back. Or get a toy that makes noise. Even just an empty water bottle. Remove lid and ring first, though.

She thinks my air hose is kind of cool........... Not too impressed with my P10 however. I think I'm going to rename her "Paula."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today I got stuck upgrading Adobe Reader to the DC version justMongo 4 384 02-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Blue Shift
  We have rain today justMongo 16 1,034 02-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  I hit the doughnut hole today justMongo 23 2,117 08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Today is the day! retired_guy 21 1,905 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Today's Trivia Quiz justMongo 15 1,885 11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Stock up today! retired_guy 10 1,960 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper