Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine
RE: Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine
Your median EPAP at the new settings was still 7.5 and you nearly hit the maximum at 95%. Each time you had a UA event, the machine raised EPAP and it seems terminated the event. Let's try EPAP 6-9, PS 4-12. The UA events continue to look obstructive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was my chart, I would use the default settings, and raise min epap till the obstructive events resolve. I think use default unless there is a clear reason not to.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Default being EPAP 4-15, PS 3-15. That works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
So the reason I had not been using default was because the Areophagia is pretty bad. I did originally start therapy with default settings but could not tolerate even an hour or so. I think my body is slowly adapting to it an I am tolerating it slightly better in slow increments upwards. It still remains a huge challenge, but hopefully it gets better.  I’m not sure how much higher I will be able to withstand. I think my ipap is fine because it seems to stay right under 20 . Epap is def being choked. Will post some results soon. Thanks guys for all your input! ?
Post Reply Post Reply
You may be better choking back max PS, than the max epap for now. You need the oa sorted. I would use the min epap 4 or 6 for now, then raise the min epap to be between the median and 95 percent, when you get a better idea of what your min epap is heading to. Then I would work on raising the max PS.
Also be aware of positional apnea, if you are getting big swings in epap pressure.

@sleeprider, other than min epap, that is normally set at cpap and adjusted on Oscar or resscan. I think the default settings from the titration guide are the first choice. Unless something indicates otherwise, like this areophagia that has come to light.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion for EPAP 6-9 rather than max EPAP at 9, and trying to keep PS lower has been my attempt to keep pressure below aerophagia thresholds that we have not really identified. In any event, using this incremental approach is slower, but we will get there. There is no doubt that the Resmed ASV can be a bit enthusiastic in applying pressure when events occur. So, no regrets from me for taking a conservative approach that tries to solve the problem while keeping pressure as low as possible At the same time, the default pressures are the most effective starting pressure for the most people and it is my most frequent suggestion. Whatever works, but by taking a slower pace, my thought is we can find that threshold that beaks obstruction without aerophagia.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help with Oscar and tweaking settings DLorenzoD 3 335 12-29-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: DLorenzoD
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,141 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Help tweaking CPAP settings gspfilms 2 470 05-24-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: gspfilms
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,788 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.