Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine
Hey Guys, Help Tweaking machine
Hey Guys,
So I'm back trying to use my asv again after some time off. I was just in a very difficult place. I did get a jaw advancement mouthpiece and am using it with my cpap. I started using my cpap about a week ago(again) and have slowly graduated to these statistics. I still do have some issues swallowing air but I'm hoping my body adjust.
My guess is i need to raise my min epap. What do you think? Last night I slept with just mouth piece and was gonna try using my cervical collar tonight to see if it helps some. Any thoughts on adjusting the machine? Thank you very much
https://imgur.com/a/85XoSPo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hey Guys ,,Help Tweaking machine
I don't know if you need more EPAP or more PS max. The problem looks obstructive, but it would help to look more closely at the flow line around some of the events and see if the 10 cm PS is making things move, or if obstruction is preventing air flow. At this point, I'd try a higher EPAP min and iif that does not improve things, move to the PS max.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do , thank you sir
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys, I have been working on trying to tolerate my asv. Still struggling with the aerophagia but I am determined. I know my machine is maxed out due to my settings. Can someone please confirm these snapshots. Are these all centrals. I think the obstructive element is gone. I can normally get about 4 or 5 hours of asv usage per night, although last night was tough. Can someone tell me at what pressure a breath is induced to overcome a central(ballpark)?
Thank You
Post Reply Post Reply
Your graphs seem to show what is going on.  The events highlighted here, show you take a flow-limited, larger than normal inhale, then hold your breath.  There is no exhale, and the machine hits you with higher pressure support, but there is nowhere for the air to go. You are clearly holding your breath.  The apnea ends with an exhale and normal breathing resumes.  There is no therapy for when you subconsciously go to "diver mode" and hold a breath for whatever reason.  Your respiration rate is very slow at 7.6 BPM, and is compensated by a high tidal volume of 840 which results in normal minute vent.   I think the apnea events are being scored as a result of your very slow respiration rate and these are not treatable central apnea nor obstructive, but breath-holding events.  In your case the UA events may be nothing more than your normal breathing pattern, and while the machine tries to intervene with more pressure support, there is no place for the air to go.  So from the example provided, I see neither OA or CA, but a respiratory disruption that is untreatable.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12328]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12328]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if the higher pressures cause me to do breath holds, in any case I would like to show a few more for review. I also have several home sleep studies, but not sure how to submit those. I have a resmed apnea link air that I have access too also. Is it possible that the machine can cause breath holds. Will a home study show breath holds vs centrals? Just wondering if this therapy is a complete failure for me and what I should do. Huh Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
few more
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I notice on the additional charts, compared to the earlier one, is that your TV measures are lower and your respiration rates are higher. I don’t know whether this will change the expert assessment of your situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Change IPAPmin to 5.0 and IPAP max to 8.0. Increase PSMax to 12. I’m on a phone but want to get these changes in ASAP. I still see a breath holding in the flow chart but if there is an open airway we need more PS to trigger a breath and if obstruction is present higher EPAP should help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, any typos in the recommendation? Max IPAP is currently 16, and your last sentence suggests you mean to be recommending an increase in EPAP, not IPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help with Oscar and tweaking settings DLorenzoD 3 335 12-29-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: DLorenzoD
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,159 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Help tweaking CPAP settings gspfilms 2 470 05-24-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: gspfilms
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.