Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hey, I'm new here.
RE: Hey, I'm new here.
Just to clarify, I have tried a few machines: Airsense 10, dreamstation, Weinmann prisma and Fisher and Paykal and found so far the dreamstation has suited me the best due to ease of use and the ease of breathing with it. It seems to me the most gentle to breath with without feeling you not getting enough air or forcing the air at you it seems to match my breathing more naturally.
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I started 2 weeks ago myself. When I started I found it uncomfortable and almost claustrophobic. Found that was actually mostly because of my sinus and nose problems I have had previously. First few days was averaging 3-4 AHI. Now I'm often getting 0, to .2 on average and it's trending more consistently towards 0 as time goes on which I know is fortunate.

I'm still waking up for reasons TBD, but the need to pee is gone. I still feel tired early in the evening like before when I would get no sleep. I do remember dreaming now, sometimes more than once a night, which I know is good and an improvement (and I can't recall dreaming much in the months prior to).

Only thing I'd offer is, that what most people say that it gets better with time, which was hard to accept at first.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2016, 11:20 PM)Lateralus Wrote: I started 2 weeks ago myself. When I started I found it uncomfortable and almost claustrophobic. Found that was actually mostly because of my sinus and nose problems I have had previously. First few days was averaging 3-4 AHI. Now I'm often getting 0, to .2 on average and it's trending more consistently towards 0 as time goes on which I know is fortunate.

I'm still waking up for reasons TBD, but the need to pee is gone. I still feel tired early in the evening like before when I would get no sleep. I do remember dreaming now, sometimes more than once a night, which I know is good and an improvement (and I can't recall dreaming much in the months prior to).
Only thing I'd offer is, that what most people say that it gets better with time, which was hard to accept at first.

I started a few weeks also, and I also hope it gets better with time, last night got 2 hours with CPAP then couldnt go back to sleep so just didnt use CPAP after that.
Cheers
Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
So far, I think I'm managing to get used to the machine. I finally did have a good night's sleep, but I noticed that I am getting up earlier than I used to. I used to get up at 7.30 but now I am getting up at 6 am, not to mention I don't feel as lethargic as I used to. My AHI is down to 2.06 so far according to SleepyHead.

One question, is it best to use distilled water in the humidifier? I have been using just plain tap water at the moment. Also, I'm planning to go overseas some day to China and I know the water there is dodgy. Is it ok to boil tap water or use distilled?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.