Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi I am new, card reading problems
Hi I am new, card reading problems
Hello, I am new here. I didn't know this forum existed until today. I am glad I found it. If anyone can help me with my card reading problem I sure would appreciate it.

I went to get a DOT physical in Mississippi, where I live. I got my cpap in South Carolina. I never had my cpap sd card read before yesterday, or attempted to be read. I have had the machine about two years. In any event the DOT physical doctor wanted 3 months of readings printed out for the records. They recommended I take it to a nearby sleep clinic for reading and printing. I did. That clinic tried, and then said they do not use ResMed and their software will not read it. They told me of a place that did carry ResMed. I went their. They tried reading it and said they could get nothing off the card. At this point it was almost 5 pm.

Last night I put the card in the machine and it would not read it. I gave a message that I don't recall exactly, but something like "erase card, yes or no" I clicked "no." Machine would not turn on like that so I took the card out and turned it on and went to sleep.

I spoke to the Dr. this morning about DOT physical and she said I hade to have the printout of card to pass my physical. So I can't lose my Commercial Drivers License and I don't know what to do.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can get my card read?

Thanks,
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi I am new, card reading problems
Hi Swamp,

First of all let's talk about the S9's attempt to erase the card. That's caused by a couple of files being written on the card when it is inserted into a Windows 8 machine. There is a lock switch on the card that can prevent that, and there are corrections that can be made to the card when it happens.

What I would do...... I would go to my friendly camera department in some store and get another SDCard. Then I'd put that card in the S9 and let it "erase" it. What it's really doing is formatting the card and copying all your stuff back out there. So all your history is intact with the exception of the last 10 days of detailed graph stuff --- which isn't anything the DOT will want anyhow. Then I would download the Resmed Rescan software from this site (see links at the top), install it, read my card and print the reports the DOT want.

It would be ok to use your existing card and let the S9 reformat and reload it, but I'd rather keep it as backup in case you need to go some other direction than what I've described.

So, off to the store with ya... Let us know how you come out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Retired Guy,
Thanks so much for your info. I will keep you posted.
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Occasionally, my S9 decides to erase my SD card upon reinsertion; and I do not use Windows 8 -- plus I always lock the card when I read it in my computer.

Jim -- do not worry, the information that DOT wants is resident on your machine. DOT only wants a printout of hours used per night.
The machine keeps up to 365 days of compliance data in it's internal memory. Inserting any Standard SD card will put that data on the card.

Use the instructions for requesting a copy of Rescan Software. ( Private Files and Links Section of Forum )
Install the software on a Windows machine that has a printer... create a patient file under your name.

Let the machine erase your card; just get it inserted. All you lose on an SD card are the 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of high sample rate data.
(Nothing that DOT cares about)
Then pull it and insert it into a card reader for that computer.
Download data, Save data, the go to reports. Create a report with a 3 month data range that has you usage over the 3 months. -- print it!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi swampfoxforge,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Everyone! Retired Guy, you were spot on!! New sd card installed in machine. I emailed the link here and downloaded the software, plugged new card in my PC and WOW! Cool stuff. I had trouble printing, but managed a summary without the correct data. It was about 4 pm when I decided to take my laptop to the clinic in case the Dr. wouldn't take the printout. I ended up giving her the printout and showing her the info on my laptop. I think she passed me for my effort, lol. Anyway, I got my medical card thanks to you nice folks. I am going to hang out here some in the future and hope to share with folks. Thank you again!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 04:56 PM)swampfoxforge Wrote: Thanks Everyone! Retired Guy, you were spot on!! New sd card installed in machine. I emailed the link here and downloaded the software, plugged new card in my PC and WOW! Cool stuff. I had trouble printing, but managed a summary without the correct data. It was about 4 pm when I decided to take my laptop to the clinic in case the Dr. wouldn't take the printout. I ended up giving her the printout and showing her the info on my laptop. I think she passed me for my effort, lol. Anyway, I got my medical card thanks to you nice folks. I am going to hang out here some in the future and hope to share with folks. Thank you again!!!!!

I've downloaded the software, imported my data, and I can't figure out how to generate the report. Every time I try, it comes up with a spreadsheet, Excel, document. I had a physical once before, and I had to call the company I purchased my s9 from and they charged me $200.00 for a simple one page document that the doctor accepted. Needless to say, I am trying to generate that same document myself, so I don't have to deal with those people again. I tried the sleepyhead program, and it generates a bunch of graphs. What will the doctor accept, and how do I create it? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 993 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 242 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.