Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
Thanks Payton. I just cleaned my hose and mask last night. I'm aiming at once a week, same with the humidifier tank.

Feeling fatigued in the morning again, we'll see in the evening...
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been feeling short of breath all day. Is this something normal from the increase in pressure? Or something else going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2015, 05:53 PM)Huesito Wrote: I've been feeling short of breath all day. Is this something normal from the increase in pressure? Or something else going on?

Huesito,
I'm certainly not a doctor, but I think you need to call your doc and get checked out.

Shortness of breath is not caused from Cpap use.

I noticed in a prior post, you said you have a cold. Also, one of those meds you take, Omeprazole, lists shortness of breath as a side effect.

Play safe and call your doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(12-30-2015, 06:10 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 05:53 PM)Huesito Wrote: I've been feeling short of breath all day. Is this something normal from the increase in pressure? Or something else going on?

Huesito,
I'm certainly not a doctor, but I think you need to call your doc and get checked out.

Shortness of breath is not caused from Cpap use.

I noticed in a prior post, you said you have a cold. Also, one of those meds you take, Omeprazole, lists shortness of breath as a side effect.

Play safe and call your doctor.

Thanks Opal. That's what I wanted to know. I'm kinda far away from the doc at the moment, but I'll check with him next week or if it gets any worse.

I'm also thinking this cold might have something to do with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc said to take it easy the next couple of days and monitor things. Suspecting the cold.
Post Reply Post Reply
Third night on 8-12:

AHI: 2.5
95th: 9.0
90th: 8.5
Plateau: 0%
High Leak Flow: 0%
NRI: 0.75
EPI: 0
While Breathing Hours: 9.2

Took some melatonin before going to sleep. We'll see how's the cold during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Numbers look good.
Hope your feeling better.
Wink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely feeling better Smile

That cold is pesky though, but much less fatigued! Thumbs up
Post Reply Post Reply
Fourth night on 8-12:

AHI: 2.5
95th: 8.5
90th: 8.5
Plateau: 0%
High Leak Flow: 0%
NRI: 0.25
EPI: 5
While Breathing Hours: 8.7

Happy New Year!
Post Reply Post Reply

Looks like things have settled in and are under control Huesito. Continued success, and happy new year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a few more weeks in, tuning stage two cantsleep2017 0 96 07-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cantsleep2017
  Types of therapy jallain 2 145 06-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: jallain
  2 weeks on cpap--observations and questions Ticman1 6 266 06-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  Important Info about Sleep Apnea and your Therapy bonjour 8 588 06-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  Questions about re-starting therapy, researching before doctor visit CrazyDreamer 60 1,743 06-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: CrazyDreamer
Cool New to CPAP Therapy Hansonts 5 263 05-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  AHI higher on cpap than before therapy. Sweetpea 67 1,720 05-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sweetpea