Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
RE: Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
Twelfth night on 8-12:

AHI: 2.5
95th: 8.5
90th: 8.0
Plateau: 0%
High Leak Flow: 0%
NRI: 1.75
EPI: 2
While Breathing Hours: 7.8
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2016, 10:03 AM)Huesito Wrote: While Breathing Hours: 7.8

Sorry, that tickles my funny bone. I want my "while breathing" hours to be 24 every day...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2016, 08:14 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 10:03 AM)Huesito Wrote: While Breathing Hours: 7.8

Sorry, that tickles my funny bone. I want my "while breathing" hours to be 24 every day...

lol, true

Thirteenth night on 8-12:

AHI: 3.0
95th: 9.0
90th: 8.5
NRI: 0.50
EPI: 1
While Breathing Hours: 9.3
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling pretty fatigued today, despite the generally good numbers. Feels like a step back and it's really disheartening. But I'll plow along.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 12:38 PM)Huesito Wrote: Feeling pretty fatigued today, despite the generally good numbers. Feels like a step back and it's really disheartening. But I'll plow along.

Are you sleeping the whole night straight through or are you having to get up three or four times for bathroom breaks? This can be a problem because you need about four hours without waking to go through all the sleep stages that give you refreshment. If not then you might ask them to check your oxygen levels throughout the night. Even with a very low AHI at the start of my treatment my O2 levels were going low during the night and it wasn't until that was addressed that I began to feel the benefits.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 03:35 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 12:38 PM)Huesito Wrote: Feeling pretty fatigued today, despite the generally good numbers. Feels like a step back and it's really disheartening. But I'll plow along.

Are you sleeping the whole night straight through or are you having to get up three or four times for bathroom breaks? This can be a problem because you need about four hours without waking to go through all the sleep stages that give you refreshment. If not then you might ask them to check your oxygen levels throughout the night. Even with a very low AHI at the start of my treatment my O2 levels were going low during the night and it wasn't until that was addressed that I began to feel the benefits.

Hi Ed.

I sleep pretty much throughout. What did you do to deal with the O2 levels? I was thinking about getting an oximeter.

Frankly, the day ended up turning out better than expected. Just had that fatigue very early, but things got better as the day went along. Was even able to shoot some hoops in the afternoon.

I had a long, tiring week and I used to tire up naturally on weeks like that, I think I just get extra nervous these days when I feel fatigued. Probably need to trust the therapy more.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you relax and give the therapy some time Smile

Your sleep architecture may take a long time to normalize, not to mention all the things that are broken because of poor sleep architecture.

I took right to it, as far as being able to sleep with the get-up, but it has been a journey to reap the benefits of good sleep and hopefully at just over a year out, i am not finished seeing benefits! It probably took you a long time of not breathing while sleeping to get noticed... it may take time for things to return to healthy.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Daria! I'm sticking with it. Numbers look pretty good based on what I read.

Fourteenth night on 8-12:

NOE: 0.25
EPI: 1
While Breathing Hours: >= 9.3
Post Reply Post Reply
Fifteenth night on 8-12:

NOE: 0.5
EPI: 0
While Breathing Hours: >= 9.3
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Huesito,
Does your software show a breakdown of your AHI? What makes up the 3.0?
How many Obstructives, hypopneas, clear airway, etc. Does it show any waveforms or pressure graphs?

If anything, your numbers certainly are consistent. Even though it takes time to get over feeling so tired all the time, it may be a good idea to dig deeper and see if anything else is going on.

3.0 AHI is good, but could be better. You are still being strangled 3 times an hour. Sad
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,053 56 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 222 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 370 4 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 72 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,354 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 598 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 544 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.