Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
RE: Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
(01-12-2016, 02:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Huesito,
Does your software show a breakdown of your AHI? What makes up the 3.0?
How many Obstructives, hypopneas, clear airway, etc. Does it show any waveforms or pressure graphs?

If anything, your numbers certainly are consistent. Even though it takes time to get over feeling so tired all the time, it may be a good idea to dig deeper and see if anything else is going on.

3.0 AHI is good, but could be better. You are still being strangled 3 times an hour. Sad

Hi Opal.

Unfortunately, I'm just using the SmartCodes at the moment and they don't show much more than that. I noticed sleepyhead supports the SmartLink module for the IntelliPAP, but I'm not sure it will also report more stuff? Do you know who might know that before I put some more money into that?

Thanks!

EDIT: The NRI/NOE data actually indicates the Non-Obstructive events (ie: central apneas) per hour.

Frankly, I've been feeling pretty tired the last 3 days, despite the numbers... I'm still trying to function as best I can, but it's tough. I've sent a report of my last 90 days to my doctor and hopefully I'll see him soon and see what he recommends.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2016, 10:42 PM)Huesito Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 02:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Huesito,
Does your software show a breakdown of your AHI? What makes up the 3.0?
How many Obstructives, hypopneas, clear airway, etc. Does it show any waveforms or pressure graphs?

If anything, your numbers certainly are consistent. Even though it takes time to get over feeling so tired all the time, it may be a good idea to dig deeper and see if anything else is going on.

3.0 AHI is good, but could be better. You are still being strangled 3 times an hour. Sad

Hi Opal.

Unfortunately, I'm just using the SmartCodes at the moment and they don't show much more than that. I noticed sleepyhead supports the SmartLink module for the IntelliPAP, but I'm not sure it will also report more stuff? Do you know who might know that before I put some more money into that?

Thanks!

EDIT: The NRI/NOE data actually indicates the Non-Obstructive events (ie: central apneas) per hour.

Frankly, I've been feeling pretty tired the last 3 days, despite the numbers... I'm still trying to function as best I can, but it's tough. I've sent a report of my last 90 days to my doctor and hopefully I'll see him soon and see what he recommends.

Huesito,
I know that Sleepyhead supports the Intellipap. Are you saying you have to purchase a separate module to be able to download?

I really don't know much about your machine,, but you should post this question in the software support forum. Someone there may be able to advise you before you invest in the SmartLink Module.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 06:57 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Huesito,
I know that Sleepyhead supports the Intellipap. Are you saying you have to purchase a separate module to be able to download?

I really don't know much about your machine,, but you should post this question in the software support forum. Someone there may be able to advise you before you invest in the SmartLink Module.

Yeah, the machine itself doesn't have an SD card, you can only get that with the extra module. But I'll ask on the software forum. Thanks Opal.

Sixteenth night on 8-12:

AHI: 2.5
95th: 8.5
90th: 8.5
Plateau: 0%
High Leak Flow: 0%
NOE: 0.25
EPI: 2
While Breathing Hours: >= 9.3

Been trying to sleep as much as possible these days, see if it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doctor called after seeing the report I sent. Since my 90th percentile averaged mostly around 8.0/8.5, doc suggested to drop the minimum to 6.0 and got with 6-12 for two weeks, see if that makes me sleep a bit more comfortable. Been having a stuffy nose and a cold again, hate the winter here in the NE...

First night on 6-12:

95th: 7.0
90th: 6.5
NOE: 0.25
EPI: 1
While Breathing Hours: >= 9.3
Post Reply Post Reply
Huesito, how about increasing that minimum pressure by 0.5 and seeing if you can start reducing that residual AHI.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 12:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Huesito, how about increasing that minimum pressure by 0.5 and seeing if you can start reducing that residual AHI.

I noticed that when I had 8 as the min, as soon as I took the mask early in the day, I would immediately feel like I was not inhaling enough air without it. So that's why the doc suggested maybe back it up a bit and try a little lower, perhaps until we do some blood work and make sure there's no infection or cold that might be tampering a bit with my breathing.

I also went ahead and ordered the SmartLink kit for my machine. While it doesn't store waveforms on the SD card, it's supposed to list all the events as they happen during the night, etc, so I'm hoping to load some of that into sleepyhead and get some better data of what's happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second night on 6-12:

AHI: 4.5
95th: 10.0
90th: 9.0
Plateau: 1%
NOI: 1
EPI: 5
While Breathing Hours: 8.5

Put water on the humidifier last night, and it suddenly got cold and had rainout again. I actually ordered a tube cover that I hope to receive today or tomorrow and hopefully it will help with that. This was a night where I woke up a couple times and noticed I was face up. Wonder if that explains the higher pressures. Something to keep an eye on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Min pressure goes too low, max usually goes up as does ahi.
Post Reply Post Reply
Third night on 6-12:

95th: 6.5
90th: 6.0
NOI: 0.25
EPI: 2
While Breathing Hours: 8.7

Fairly uneventful night, after a looong day. Took 1mg melatonin and turned humidifier off until I get that tube cover, which should be here today alongside the smartlink module, so hopefully I can start posting SH reports instead, and get a better idea.

Thanks for your comment Ghost. I figured I'll try 6-12 for at least a week and until I get my physical (tuesday), then if there's no noticeable difference, I might just crank it back up to 8.5-12 and go in 0.5 increments to see if I can get that 2.5 down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Received the tube cover and Smartlink Interface, all hooked up!!! Installed SleepyHead too! Excited to see what I get tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 7 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.