Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
RE: Hi, I'm new and two weeks into therapy
I don't think it's a good idea to make a large pressure move to 8-12. You have good comfort and decent results. My recommendation would be to simply make 0.5 cm changes to the minimum pressure only. Try 6.5 for a while. After a while, if you thing 7.0 would be beneficial try it.

You're into fine-tuning now and big movements would just be disruptive. If you over-correct, then you back up to the last setting.

Supersleeper manages a private forum area where members with programming experience that want to contribute to SH development can participate and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the program. Send him a PM explaining how you can help, and request to join.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2016, 12:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't think it's a good idea to make a large pressure move to 8-12. You have good comfort and decent results. My recommendation would be to simply make 0.5 cm changes to the minimum pressure only. Try 6.5 for a while. After a while, if you thing 7.0 would be beneficial try it.

You're into fine-tuning now and big movements would just be disruptive. If you over-correct, then you back up to the last setting.

Supersleeper manages a private forum area where members with programming experience that want to contribute to SH development can participate and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the program. Send him a PM explaining how you can help, and request to join.

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait a day or two to complete a full week on 6-12 and then move up to 6.5. I'll contact Supersleeper also. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sixth night on 6-12:

[Image: i27i9s.png]

Snored some between 4 and 5 AM, pretty sure I was face up. Need to find me a tennis ball and try that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night on 6.5-12:

[Image: 2wdnjv5.png]

Yesterday was pretty crappy, so I went ahead and moved up to 6.5 and took 1mg melatonin before going to bed.
I also had a tennis ball and used duct tape to attach it to an old t-shirt. It worked pretty darned well. I'm hoping that explains the low OA count and no snores.

Looks like it would've been a sub 2.0 AHI night if I would've gotten up at 8 AM... This is what I love about SleepyHead reports, getting that kind of insight. I tried to keep sleeping and while I did fall asleep, it looks like I had all sorts of hypopneas during that time and that really shot up the AHI.

My reports are trending towards hypopneas being the dominant factor. I'm hoping the combo of losing weight and slowly upping the min pressure will eventually get them under control.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huesito,
I experience the same. I'm at the point where I can sleep an average of 7 hours straight through the night, and wake around 6am.

Instead of just getting up, I will fall alsleep for another couple hours, only to find my AHI shot up quite a bit in those last couple hours. Sad

I guess sleeping for longer than 7 to 8 hours for me is a Nonosign

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 11:45 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Huesito,
I experience the same. I'm at the point where I can sleep an average of 7 hours straight through the night, and wake around 6am.

Instead of just getting up, I will fall alsleep for another couple hours, only to find my AHI shot up quite a bit in those last couple hours. Sad

I guess sleeping for longer than 7 to 8 hours for me is a Nonosign

I was always a guy that could sleep a lot. 8-9 hours, even 10... but then again, this was before the OSA. Thanks again Opal for all the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same kind of pattern. Generally, I fall asleep until about 5 or 6 in the morning. I wake up and go to the bathroom, mask back up and go back to bed. The sleep from 10 or 11 PM until 5 or 6 AM is usually quite good but often my AHI shoots up during the time after I go back to bed. Many times it is mostly CAs.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 12:53 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I have the same kind of pattern. Generally, I fall asleep until about 5 or 6 in the morning. I wake up and go to the bathroom, mask back up and go back to bed. The sleep from 10 or 11 PM until 5 or 6 AM is usually quite good but often my AHI shoots up during the time after I go back to bed. Many times it is mostly CAs.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Interesting Payton! Good to hear it's not uncommon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been pretty busy but not much news the last few days. Mostly hypopneas and AHI around 2...

Had my physical yesterday and the doc detected my blood pressure a little low, so he lowered the dose of blood pressure medicine he prescribed. I'm hoping that will help with the tiredness too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 12:53 PM)Huesito Wrote: I've been pretty busy but not much news the last few days. Mostly hypopneas and AHI around 2...

Had my physical yesterday and the doc detected my blood pressure a little low, so he lowered the dose of blood pressure medicine he prescribed.

That is strange. I just had my blood pressure medication reduced after my last visit to the doc for the same reason.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 156 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,342 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.