Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi! New member
Hi everyone! My name is Nick. I'm 36 and was just diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I did a home study with that headband gizmo and had 100 events per hour and my pulse dipped down to under 30. My ENT/sleep doctor prescribed an auto pap. I just started using the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset with a nasal pillow mask last night. I registered my machine on their website and I really like how I can view my sleep report from the previous night.

In addition to the cpap, he also has me using breathe right strips, Flonase and Neil Med saline rinse before bed.

I just found this forum and discovered how to tweak some settings, like turning down the humidity and air temp, and increasing the ramp up pressure. I felt like I wasn't getting enough air when I first put the mask on.

So, I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the good info!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

You should fill out your profile to include the type of machine you're using.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Nick.... Visit often and you will be rewarded with mountains of good information regarding CPAP and sleep issues.. Your posts will always be welcome as you progress into the land of CPAP and any post could possibly help another new apnea patient along the way.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NicholasB,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to you NicholasB
Post Reply Post Reply

Welcome, Nick. You have come to the right place for great advice on sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum NicholasB! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! After tweaking some settings I slept even better last night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi NicholasB,
Glad your off to a great start.

You may want to consider using the free Sleepyhead Software available to you. You will see a more in depth picture of your therapy.
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Free free to ask questions anytime. Dreaming
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New Member - Just Started With APAP AndersonP 12 337 04-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member post looking for others with same diagnosis Dennisl27 29 1,088 04-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  New member, first night with Airsense 10 auto - advice and questions gcritchley 17 650 03-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Last Post: gcritchley
  New member with EDS. Few questions. 3mp0w3r 17 508 03-26-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  New Member but not new to CPAP GPLarge 23 589 03-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: GPLarge
  New member some questions :) mc92 19 706 03-05-2017, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  New Member - Mild Apnea. Do I need CPAP? Snorilla 38 1,054 02-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Snorilla