Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi all, another new member here.
Hi all, another new member here.
Hello everyone. I'm a new member and newly diagnosed with OSA. I've been reading a lot on this board and I am learning but I am still somewhat in the dark. I have downloaded Sleepyhead and have a screen shot of my data, hopefully I have the graphs set up correctly, but I guess I can't post the link to the image of my Sleepyhead data just yet. I am posting my sleep test data and I would greatly appreciate some insight from some of the experienced members here.

Thank you.

Attached Files
.pdf   Sleep Study Results.pdf (Size: 60.05 KB / Downloads: 100)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi all, another new member here.
Welcome to the forum!  If you wish to post your imgur links for your data just put a space in the link and the good folks here will figure it out.  You do seem to have severe sleep apnea but with that you have joined the illustrious company of the vast majority of us here on the board and your results are not atypical for most of us.  Never fear, you will get some good suggestions here!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome and the info. Here is the address of my Sleepyhead screenshot.
https://imgur.com/cPm4Cab

Thanks again.

(Link fixed by moderator)
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was my chart and I had a DS. I would have min 14 and max 18. That should help a lot, but these numbers aren't set in stone and can be adjusted up and down as you go. I would also turn the flex up more.

The other thing to check is chin tucking, where the chin moves towards the chest and constricts the pipe. Some need a change of pillow or a cheap foam, soft cervical collar to straighten the neck.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll adjust my pressure settings and try that tonight, thanks. I'm using C-flex and I believe it is set at 3, which I think is the highest setting.
I am a side sleeper so not sure if chin tucking is an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll verify that chin tucking IS a factor in side sleeping! I successfully use a cervical collar as I didn't do well with chin straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I guess I should consider that, thanks. All info is good.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CA aren't too bad and 14/18 is starting to get into high pressure. You may be able to get more than a 1.2cm pressure reduction on exhale. That is shown on your 'Med' column in statistic on the side bar. Perhaps another DS user can help, or the clinical manual from the top of the page?

chin up, head back is what you are trying to feel, then just relax. this gives a good position. It will soon be apparent if when you wake up anytime to see if you are chin tucking and getting OA/H clusters on your chart.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will give all your suggestions a try and report back.

Thank you to all for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fishkeg,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 496 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,024 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,000 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 457 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.