Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi from new member
RE: Hi from new member
I couldn't tolerate the cervical collar, either. When sleeping, it puts pressure on the nerves at the back of my neck, makes for splitting headaches, and is unbearably hot.

At some point, in my quest for alternative solutions, I grabbed an old hospital sock and jammed it tight with socks from my sock drawer. I have a tight roll, maybe a foot long. If I get an unmanageable leak in the night or wake up with my chin retracted, I simply jam it under my jawline. My whole jaw does not need to be resting on it. Plus, I don't run the risk of strangulation.

I also use a fairly expensive pillow that has several diameters of "tubes" for neck support (a different diameter on each long side), as well as a light traction mode. I also thought of simply using a rolled towel under my neck to get the right amount of head tilt. You can get PT rolls like this. If my sock roll were longer, I could use this at the back of my neck, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sunday night was pretty lousy, while last night was much better. The only thing I did differently last night was to not take my usual Benadryl (diphenhydramine) at bedtime. I've been taking Benadryl at night for years due to a bad case of chronic hives (urticaria), but I haven't had any hives in a while, so I decided to try and go without it.

[Image: 38237240831_cd9b6731f7_c.jpg]

[Image: 38182023726_8cbc944b90_c.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
well it's more pressure then, It's a matter of airsplinting till it doesn't close. I would move to min 17, it should take your ahi down. I would go and see your doctor about a bpap, remind him that after 15, a bpap is suggested and show him how you breathe in for 2.4 and out for 1.3 seconds. when better is the other way around.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any evidence that taking the AHI down further has practical / health benefits? I feel very well today. Also, I don't have a doctor. I self-diagnosed and then bought the gear.

I have an AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her due for delivery today and am looking forward to seeing if that works any better for me.

Thanks again for all the help. I feel like I'm slowly finding my way.

As an aside, I'm changing back from the P10 to the Dreamwear. The former is really quiet and seals better, but the latter is more comfortable, and I think I can get used to the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 05:31 AM)ajack Wrote: ...show him how you breathe in for 2.4 and out for 1.3 seconds. when better is the other way around.

Would BiPAP help that?  I would think that decreasing pressure on expiration would shorten time of expiration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was my first night with my new ResMed AirSense AutoSet for Her. On Tuesday nights I have to work late and wake early, usually with a lot of tossing and turning in between, so I wasn't expecting miracles.

Overall I think it went well, and my early impression is that the ResMed is going to work better for me.

[Image: 24391697048_4337a6f0c0_c.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
This does look more promising. With the additional exhale pressure relief, I think you need to increase minimum pressure by 1 or 2 cm. You can see around 02:45 you got bushwhacked by too low pressure and had a big increase along with snoring and apnea, and similarly at 03:30. Which Autoset algorithm are you using? I think I'd suggest standard.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will try 13-20 tonight. I am using the Standard Autoset algorithm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have to agree with bonjour's comment earlier in this thread.  Using your xPAP before going to sleep while reading, watching tv, etc. has helped me immensely with getting used to the higher pressures.  Being doing it that way for 19 years.
-------------------------------------------------
Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!   

Bryce the BiPAPman
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 498 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,025 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,559 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,002 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 458 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.