Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intellipap Autoset data cable/adapter?
Intellipap Autoset data cable/adapter?
I just got one of these machines. I had one several years ago and liked it a lot, and I believe I must have had the data cable and software for it as well since I remember looking at the data quite a bit. But of course I can't find the cable anywhere now. I'm planning on using Sleepyhead software this time around.

Looking at the machine, it appears that the data port is via a female PS/2 connector. Looking at the ~ $40 IntelliPAP firmware Upgrade Cable kit seems to indicate that this consists of one USB-to-9-pin cable, and one PS/2-9-pin cable.

If this is true, than all that's really needed to get data off the machine would be a male PS/2-USB adapter (or cable) (price approximately $1.50). Can someone verify this for me? Is there anything else that's required in terms of additional firmware (this is a new machine)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intellipap Autoset data cable/adapter?
Those of us with long memories are confused... Which PS/2 connector is it? There was a big five-pin connector (DIN-5) and a miniDIN-5. The big one was also used for MIDI cables. And the small one came in configurations from four to nine pins. So check carefully... And that 9-pin to USB cable could be a serial to USB adapter. Of course the standard serial protocol is totally different from the PS/2 keyboard/mouse protocol. You can't tell just by looking.

Tl;dr Spend the bucks for the cable kit they sell.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intellipap Autoset data cable/adapter?
Hi ghmerrill,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 627 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 406 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,005 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 958 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.