Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi guy's just saying hello
Hi guy's just saying hello
New to forum thanks for having me.Smile

I have been using a fisher paykel with a resmed mirage quatro for the last 14 to 15 years can't remember specifics. prior to that I had to attempt to sleep in a chair for 12 months before I was officially diagnosed that was hell.

The biggest problem is the diagnosis was that I require a pressure of 17 to get any sleep. Well the pump I have does a great job and the noise isn't so bad because it sits on the floor, but I have always had issues with the mask leaking due to high pressure no matter how tight I tension the straps and the velcro wears out very quickly at that tension that I have to use a stappler to help hold the whole lot together.Laugh-a-lot

Anyway my sister has given me the opportunity to get a new machine after she saw the state of mine Oops So I start looking at Auto pressure pumps and was a little shocked at the price. I was looking at an A10 Auto or S9 Auto with the troublesome mirage quatro mask.

Any thoughts and thanksThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi guy's just saying hello
G'day Ramjet, welcome to Apnea Board.

Are you still using the same machine and mask after 14 years? That must be a record! Your mask is probably in pretty poor condition after that time - our American friends seem to swap them over every 3 or 6 months. Have you had a follow-up sleep test in that time? If not, I would definitely suggest it. Depending on your health fund you might be able to get it for free (I'm with MBF, top hospital and ancillaries and it cost me nothing out of pocket). If you go for an autoset machine, you might find you can reduce your pressure for much of the night.

Regards a new machine, have a look at the suppliers listed here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List Some of them will sell to Australia and the prices are reasonable. However with the recent drop in the AUD, and taking the health fund rebate into account you might be better off buying locally.
Post Reply Post Reply
same machine second mask and 5th head gear IIRC and no I haven't had a sleep test since the original one, I lost contact with the hospital when I moved and well I should get another test but yeah don't like them.

And thanks for your help :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ramjet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you on getting a new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ramjet!

You're in the right place.

A new machine might keep you awake for a while. They're too quiet!

Big Grin
Sounds like you need all new everything though.
This is the place to get real world recomendations.

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies guys, after reading flat out for the last couple of days I think I have settled on the A10 Auto and have found a supplier in Aus that can give me a reasonable package deal @ $2200 Thinking-about that is with mask and 5 years warranty.

Now I will have to learn all the jargon and learn the software so I can get the best possible result out of the new machine.

Previously with the cpap it was just put mask on and turn on the blower full tilt hence my username ramjet.Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Good luck with your new machine!
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I know little about the medical system down under, but I have head some talking about some kind of rebate for machines, thinking it was $800. You might investigate this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2015, 01:39 PM)PoolQ Wrote: I know little about the medical system down under, but I have head some talking about some kind of rebate for machines, thinking it was $800. You might investigate this.
Yes, if you have private health insurance that cover extras, things like CPAP, the rebate, vary from insurance to another
Otherwise, you're on your own under the mercy of the rip-off merchants

If OP without insurance ... I suggest and recommend this machine from Supplier #2 (the supplier list link is at the top of the page

New, Zero Hour (Open Box) ResMed S9 AutoSet and Accessories US $699
Add shipping cost and AU$ conversion, comes to less than $1100 AU approx

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.