Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
I used to post quite a long time ago but with life happening and a move it went by the wayside. Glad to be back and hope you can answer a strange question for me.  I have had a S-9 for the last few years and last month my doctor wanted me to replace it. He ordered a Dream Station. I downloaded Oscar (used to use Sleepyhead) and I put in the card to view my stats and Holy Cow, my AHI is now in the 4.5 range. I put in my old card from the S9 and my AHI is around and had been under 1 for years. How could this have changed so drastically from machine to machine?  Same nasal mask, same everything, only difference is the machine.

My doctor wants me to have  a new sleep study which I will but I am baffled over what this means. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
Oh, and forgot to add. The doctor did change my settings on my last visit for some reason.  I was on 7 and he changed it to 8, then with the new machine it's range from 5 to 15.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
The Dreamstation does not respond as quickly as a Resmed so the minimum pressure may need to be higher to get the same numbers, can you attach a screenshot of the daily screen from OSCAR and we can advise
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do that now, thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I expanded it, but am not sure if you wanted it that way? Please let me know and I will upload another.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Maxmom,
Add the left sidebar to the charts. Leave off the calendar and pie chart. This way all the statistics show up to be able to compare with the graphs.
Thanks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this what you need?  Thanks

Here is the chart, I am not sure how to upload 2 at a time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is crazy is I know I am awake during many of these events. Do you want me to give you a screen shot of the messy places where the machine flagged a lot?
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow the 2nd link in my signature line.  It will show you an example of the daily page with left sidebar.

Leave off right sidebar, calendar and pie charts.

After you have that set up, then take a screenshot of the page to upload here.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2019, 03:44 PM)Maxmom Wrote: What is crazy is I know I am awake during many of these events. Do you want me to give you a screen shot of the messy places where the machine flagged a lot?

Yes, the entire night.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feature request -- Air11 time zone, have OSCAR do the right thing. cathyf 1 630 04-01-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S Sheila 5 768 12-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sheila
  Oscar - Weird date thing happening ? DaveCar 3 531 11-25-2021, 09:18 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Can a machine provider remotely program your cpap machine? calcuttaman 20 11,626 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Any hope of getting Sleepyhead for DreamStation AutoSV? DaisyFields 0 1,121 06-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: DaisyFields

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.