Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
RE: Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
Another point to consider is if you were using EPR on your S-9, the flex settings don't really do the same thing. In my own use, I have found that adding EPR of 3 reduces my AHI quite a bit. The ResMed algorithms just work better for me.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi, hope someone can help me. One machine says one thing, the other is different AHI
Hopefully this is what you need, if not let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. It is always good to know what your Flex setting is.

I would raise the Min from 5 to 6 with the possibility of going higher. Try this and post the results.

Also, VERY important, is to report your symptoms, how you feel, and how you perceive the impact of any changes that we suggest. It is NOT just about the numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much, you are all awesome. So many of these flags are times I am awake, ready to get up to heed natures call or otherwise.  We bought an Adjustable bed as well and I have tried sleeping mostly raised up on my back and then on my side which is my usual thing to see if there is a difference. On the night in question I moved to my side for the second part after using the bathroom. My doctor also had me do a oxygen overnight which he say's shows my oxygen is going lower than it should be, so I am going to do the new sleep study. He seemed mystified why I would want to understand my stats!!!  Duh, it's my body. I don't want to be over treated especially with adding oxygen, there is nothing wrong with me in that dept. but he said now there is. All this is happening with the new doctor since we moved. Before that, all was fine, I was BARELY qualifying for a c-pap at 5 then upped to 7 and all this now at 8 has caused my AHI to rise as opposed to the old machine.  He kept my EPR at 3.

I also would like to know how to set the leak line. My Resmed showed me not having any leaks as well, and this one does. Same mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your median and 95% pressure numbers. I would set the minimum around 8cm since you are using a DreamStation. Set Flex at 1.

Your doc changed your pressure to 8cm....was that on the S9?

So no, the two machines are not alike at all. EPR compared to Flex will give different results,
plus the DreamStation will not react as fast as the ResMed. We see this all the time between the two brands.

Unfortunately, you have a lot of Hypopneas and Flex isn’t going to be much help there, so you need to try a higher minimum pressure. If 8 is too much of a jump, try 7cm.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is an actual Hypopnea?  I am attaching a close up. Is that actually one?  I was watching the "Lanky Lefty" and he said these types are not?  Can you tell me if this one is? The first one the machine recorded was while I was awake and watching TV LOL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Post your sleep studies, That can tell us a lot, redact any personal information, we seriously don't care if you are a green mongrel from Saturn (That would be rather interesting)
Please the full study with the charts, not just the summary. All too often important details are not included in the summary.

With the DeSats you may want to get your own oximeter that syncs with OSCAR to validate that your oxygen doesn't dip too low for too long.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will, I see the Pulm doc on Wednesday and he is going to get the new study done. I feel fine, no headaches, no daytime sleepy feeling. I am on a Keto diet so my diet has changed quite a bit and I have lost weight. Instead of helping it's gone up the other way!!!  Can you tell me if the above screen shot actually shows a hypopnea? I am just not sure they are flagging right.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
They are showing expiratory mouth breathing, the inhale above the zero line is bigger than the exhale below.  Think about it what comes in must go out, repeat.  When that cycle stops you are done, dead.  The inhales look like reduced volume.  I read these as hypopneas, but not normal ones.  We should ignore any events that occur while awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I am confused, what does that mean? Reduced volume? What makes it unusual as a hypopnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feature request -- Air11 time zone, have OSCAR do the right thing. cathyf 1 627 04-01-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S Sheila 5 767 12-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sheila
  Oscar - Weird date thing happening ? DaveCar 3 530 11-25-2021, 09:18 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Can a machine provider remotely program your cpap machine? calcuttaman 20 11,623 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Any hope of getting Sleepyhead for DreamStation AutoSV? DaisyFields 0 1,120 06-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: DaisyFields

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.