Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, introduction and my experiences
RE: Hi, introduction and my experiences
just dropped in to post some more updated figures, I've left it a good couple of months and have just worked out my average which is a pleasing 0.51, my worst night was a 2.17 and I have had several 0.0's and one night with no recorded figure where I did not put the mask on.

I occasionally feel like a nap but most days I am wide awake all day...

massive improvement all round I'd say...

Thanks for the input and help as always.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Sam. It's great to hear that your treatment is going so well. This thread is definitely an instructional tale for anyone who may have central sleep apnea and be initially misdiagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. It's also an excellent example of how sleep apnea patients may, unfortunately, not get the correct treatment unless they are extremely persistent when the treatment they're given doesn't work.

Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sam.

Things will be better now that you got under control the mask leaks.

About the mask leaks, I got an advise that worked for me: I never change the mask strap adjust. When I found the best setting, that doesn't leak and doesn't bother my face ( at the beginning I got a small blister in my cheek), I didn't move them anymore.

About the Oximeter you can buy the CONTEC CMS50D+. It is cheap and it works very good. You can manually synchronize it with Sleepyhead. Using the Oximeter you will really know how is your O2 level. I use a small rubber band to keep it in position while sleeping.

Good luck.Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2016, 12:13 PM)natyprueba Wrote: About the Oximeter you can buy the CONTEC CMS50D+. It is cheap and it works very good. You can manually synchronize it with Sleepyhead. Using the Oximeter you will really know how is your O2 level. I use a small rubber band to keep it in position while sleeping.

Good luck.Wink

My problem with the Contec would be that it does not work with a MAC, unless sleephead can import the data direct?

thanks for the suggestion tho ..

Ignore my comments I'm now assuming that I can import it via sleephead on my MAC
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead makes use of a USB to UART(Serial) driver. There is one available for Unix/Linux systems that I am lead to believe will work with an OSX system.

Do a Google search for: CP2102 driver mac

This should bring up a Silicon Labs site where you can find the driver.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice job Sam, once again we see the value of persistance. Welcome to the forum and much success with your journey and your retirement.
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 546 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 392 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  Experiences with Cheyne Stokes? Jacklinn 4 868 12-26-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 791 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Experiences using Sunosi Cam12 0 561 04-29-2022, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  New Member - Introduction cramseur 3 634 02-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: cramseur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.