Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, introduction and my experiences
RE: Hi, introduction and my experiences
Way to go Sam. Nice job of sticking with it and keeping after it long enough for the professionals to finally wake up. This is fantastic and i am hoping for the best for you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 11:08 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Way to go Sam. Nice job of sticking with it and keeping after it long enough for the professionals to finally wake up. This is fantastic and i am hoping for the best for you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thanks I have only good to say about the expertise that my new treatment centre is giving me, I had a very thorough heart check up next week as my new machine is not compatible with certain heart failure conditions.

I'll be trying out my new machine in your neck of the woods later this year when I visit Huntingdon Beach and other areas of California.

my best

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sam496,
CONGRATULATIONS! this is great news.
I hope this continues to go well for you, as you have surely been through a lot.
Keep up the good work, I look forward to hear how you are doing in a couple weeks.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OK an update as I have been using the new machine for a couple of weeks.

AHI's have been
0.56 (UA 0.37 H 0.19)
0.76 (UA 0.25 H 0.51) Large leak 25%
0.98 (UA 0.25 H 0.74)
0.73 (UA 0.18 H 0.55)
0.80 (UA 0.16 H 0.64)
0.77 (UA 0.00 H 0.77)
0.52 (UA 0.35 H 0.17)
0.08 (UA 0.02 H 0.05 O 0.02) result should be disregarded as I did not refit my SD card until after I woke the next day.(retirement day)
1.35 (UA 0.03 H 1.05)
0.16 (UA 0.00 H 0.16)
0.48 (UA 0.00 H 0.48)
0.14 (UA 0.00 H 0.14)
0.95 (UA 0.48 H 0.48)
0.34 (UA 0.00 H 0.34)

with the new mask (fisher & paykel Simplus) leakage is within acceptable limits normally lower than 0.05%.

I retired on the 31st March which was the day I forgot to put the card back in.

Today I will send my data off to the sleep technician and see is she would like to make any changes to my machine (another improvement for me emailing data for review and changes). I have a clinic appointment on the 19th for review of the whole thing.

I am feeling somewhat more awake and not falling asleep at the drop of a hat. I have resumed driving as the results are easily within the limits set by the DVLA (UK licence issuers).

my sleep patterns have changed since I was issued this machine but I am trying to get them on a more normal basis, I used to get up at 5.45 am ready for my daily commute (lift to work) and my last few days in march were even earlier as my regular lift giver was away on holiday. since I have now retired from work I no longer need to get up that early and am trying to break that habit with a little success on the other hand to achieve the early start times I used to be in bed around 1.30 - 11.00pm, I'm staying up a bit later now.

I am really pleased with the results so far. thanks for all the input from others.

Sam

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Sam - good to hear from you again. It certainly looks like your ASV machine is doing its job. That is a very nice set of figures. And congratulations on your retirement!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2016, 05:02 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Sam - good to hear from you again. It certainly looks like your ASV machine is doing its job. That is a very nice set of figures. And congratulations on your retirement!

Thanks Paul,

I'm Pleased with the results, as for retirement its early days and a rather strange feeling..

cheers

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
My First Smile Last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update after 6 weeks or so with the new ASV machine.

AHI now in the range of 0 to 1 (had a 1.06 and a 1.35 but mainly in the range between 0.2 and 0.5)

Sleep consultant has reviewed all data and is happy for me to drive and has informed the licencing people of that.

Will contact me in 9 or 10 months time for a review appointment so to ensure I dont drop out of the system and is happy for me to self monitor and contact them if I need too.

all good news really..
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Sam. That's terrific news that you'll be getting your drivers license back.

I am impressed with the way you worked to get your doctors to do the right thing for you.

I hope that your treatment is helping you to feel better than you did before in addition to giving your terrific numbers and allowing you to drive again. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
sam496,
Yes, I am also impressed with the way you handled your situation. You took control of your therapy and worked with your sleep consultants.

Your numbers are great. Keep it up! like
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 545 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 392 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  Experiences with Cheyne Stokes? Jacklinn 4 868 12-26-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 791 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Experiences using Sunosi Cam12 0 561 04-29-2022, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  New Member - Introduction cramseur 3 634 02-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: cramseur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.