Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi, new user here w/ 2screenshots
Hi, new user here w/ 2screenshots
Hi everyone,

3 years using a DS1. In the past I drove off the road and have fallen asleep with coffee in my mouth. 

Much better these days but I have just found this site and also OSCAR. I also bought an O2 ring yesterday. I know it takes time for me to learn the ropes but I thought I would show my first report. My therapy is not perfect and I want to be more involved. 

Wondering why my o2 drops to 80% so many times with a fast rebound?

Also I have a pulmonologist but no one to really setup my machine, so I wonder how that looks to some veterans. I actually have an appointment with him on Tuesday which is another reason I would like to have some more input.

Thanks from a grateful West Virginian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi, new user here w/ 2screenshots
A couple of things to do to help us see everything we need to see. Remove the calendar (click the triangle in the date). Remove vs2.

You are showing some positional apnea. Happens more sleeping with to high of pillows or/and back sleeping.

Positional apnea is when you get into a position that cuts off your own airway. No pressure changes will help - only thing you can do is stop getting into that position.

It is also known as chin tucking where your chin drops down to your sternum.

If sleeping position does not help you will need a collar. I have a link on collars at the bottom of the post in my signature
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks,

I didnt even think of positional issues with my neck. I will ask the Dr about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense but Drs.don’t seem to know about this. A number of people have found this is the case.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
So, instead of a collar I set my o2 ring to vibrate when my o2 goes below 85%. I am training myself to turn on my side when this happens. Much better option for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Positional apnea to your doc is sleeping on your back, side, or front. It has nothing to do with your cervical alignment.

I suspect you need a much higher starting pressure but with your positional apnea it is hard to judge what pressure. To make that call we need to see a significant improvement in those obstructive clusters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting your ring to vibrate will not fix your issues. You need a properly fitted collar. Take a look at the example you see in the cervical collar wiki, the soft cervical collar resulted in an overnight fix.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,129 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,214 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.