Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi! [questions on accessing data from a Mac]
Hi! [questions on accessing data from a Mac]
I'm new to this Forum.  I've done a quick look around and it seems that there's a lot of expertise here.  I'm hoping that some of you will help jump start me by answering a few questions.

I have a new machine and am having some problems.  I'm hoping to get some automated access to data that the machine captures which goes beyond the data provided by Myair.  I have a ResMed Airsense 10 Auto CPAP w/ Climateline tubing.

My question is can I access data written to the SD card from my Mac desktop which is sitting about 5 feet away and if so where do I start?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi!
The preferred free software most use, is SleepyHead. You can download a copy for Mac. You would need an SD card in your machine that records all data to it. Then take that SD card to your computer and import it into SleepyHead.
https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea board! There are a few other links below that can help you out. Check them out and if you need to post a chart from sleepyhead. Lot's of people here ready to help out.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Myron.  I guess that means I'll need a card reader and there's no wifi usb supported by the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2018, 07:57 PM)grokJim Wrote: Thanks, Myron.  I guess that means I'll need a card reader and there's no wifi usb supported by the ResMed.

Most modern computers have a card reader built in. If not, you can get one from the usual places for a few dollars. An alternative is to use a wifi-enabled SD card in your machine. There are multiple threads on using these cards and the supporting software in our software forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-S...port-Forum Look for names like FlashPAP and Sleep Master. Personally I don't think it's an insurmountable problem to take the card out of the machine and insert it into the computer, but that's just me. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi! [questions on accessing data from a Mac]
(02-24-2018, 06:38 PM)grokJim Wrote: My question is can I access data written to the SD card from my Mac desktop which is sitting about 5 feet away and if so where do I start?

Like "DeepBreathing" said, you might have an SD slot somewhere on your Mac. It's a small slot slightly bigger than the card) If you can't find it, Post your Mac Desktop model, it is listed under the top left of screen under the black/blue Apple/About This Mac, then one of us can check a site called everymac
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Deep.

Your post caused me to go looking and I discovered that I have an SD slot on the side of my 9 year old iMac that I never realized I had.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi grokJim,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I don’t have a card reader on my MacBook, but a USB-c/USB card reader does the job. I’ve never had any problems with SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Mac Air is relatively new and annoyingly does not have a SD card reader port which the older versions of MacBooks have. Apparently they are problematic and Apple have stopped designing them in thinking we can buy a USB stick to transfer data.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 156 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 497 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.