Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi tech CPAP request
Hi tech CPAP request
This might be a tall order but I do have a genuine reason for requesting this... Does anybody know if there is a rechargeable CPAP device with an internal battery that also has what I think is called an auto set feature where the airflow adjusts all night with each breath as required? I can only find rechargeable battery packs.
I'm a flight attendant and need this for sleeping up to 3 hours in on board crew rest bunks on long haul flights. Cabin air pressure can also impact on the air pressure variance that is required.
My current machine does not have the variable air feature and I noticed during my recent full sleep study that I slept amazingly well and can only put this down to using a machine that was monitoring my pressure, recording and adjusting accordingly all night.
First time poster here, any help greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi tech CPAP request
Were you diagnosed with obstructive, or central apnea?
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Obstructive, and I have my next annual review this coming March. Ive just downloaded data for the first time too. Very interesting stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply
Although it has no internal battery, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset adjusts airflow when there are OAs. There may be others on this Apnea Board who can address battery issues.
It can be used in flight. See: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/air...-faqs.html

Sleep-well

Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

You might consider the Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX. You can google it to view the machine.
It has mixed reviews. It would seem noise is an issue; and it does not have a humidifier.
Some people praise it; some are disappointed.

Any reason you have to be on battery; can you not use the aircraft power.
Typical power supplies for machines are 50 - 60 Hertz; and 90 to 240 Volts AC.

I might add that most machines are self compensating for altitude up to 7500 feet.
Certainly, a commercial aircraft maintains a cabin pressure equivalent to well below 7500 feet.
I don't know the specs on the Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion. I work for a UK based airline which does not allow CPAP devices to be connected to the aircraft power supply (yet) and I like to travel very light so an internal rechargeable battery is a must really Sad - Ill speak to the clinic in my review in March and see what they suggest.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that you want an auto CPAP powered by battery. You'd think that should be simple, but there isn't much choice out there. I'll just list what I know of:

Trancend auto mini CPAP
Z1 auto CPAP

That's it! Not much choice, but both are small and have plug and play battery options. If you want to use a conventional CPAP, the Philips Respirionics Auto machines use 12 volt power and can be mated to any 12-volt source. You may have 12-volt available on the airlines, and this would be fully compatible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything that I have seen through my own research over the past few times that I looked for something similar (I was planning on going on a very long hiking trip), seemed to indicate that the only option is an external battery at this time. Keep in mind two things though.
The external battery and an Auto Cpap like the Transcend are likely going to take up about the same space that a cpap with an internal battery would occupy.
The weight of the battery isn't going to be much different either, whether its internal or external.
Sorry I can't give you better suggestions but this is the best I know of. There may be something out there but I wouldn't be surprised if it's bloody expensive as all hell.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions, fir sure I need an auto machine now so I hope the clinic will supply one. The battery is a less serious issue so I'll possibly look into an external battery that is compatible with the new machine in March. Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mikegomak,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 199 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 332 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,464 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 210 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,472 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 746 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.