Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High AHI last night; Dreamstation and SH data don't match up
High AHI last night; Dreamstation and SH data don't match up
My teenage son had a rough night last night. He woke up during the night and had difficulty falling back asleep because he felt an inexplicable feeling of overwhelming anxiety, he was able to eventually fall back asleep. He didn't feel good when he woke up this morning so we were not surprised to see that his Dreamstation showed an usually high AHI. When I downloaded the data to Sleepyhead to try to see what went on last night I was surprised to see that Sleepyhead's numbers were completely different than the Dreamstation's. 
The Dreamstation showed: 6.1 hours of use and an AHI of 21.8
Sleepyhead showed: 8.31 hours of use and an AHI of 5.39
Any ideas on why the Dreamstation and Sleepyhead numbers don't match up? Which AHI number is correct?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High AHI last night; Dreamstation and Sleepyhead data don't match up
There seems to be an issue with either the SD card or the machine between 00:15 and 02:30 there is corrupt data on the SD card unplug everything and allow to sit for 10 min before plugging back in before tonight’s treatment hopefully all willl be good
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

How old is your son? Sorry to ask this question as well but, has he been drinking alcohol?
I also see a lot of Pressure pulse, does it happen often?

The Sleepyhead chart looks exactly like mine 3 weeks ago, please take a look at this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eas-scared

I woke up and I felt something was wrong too, I felt really anxious, was shaking a lot and felt danger around me. And few minutes later I had a panic attack. I knew it was not a SD card bug, but my case is that I have been drinking excessively the night before, which lead to extreme hypoventilation.

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2018, 01:10 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: There seems to be an issue with either the SD card or the machine between 00:15 and 02:30 there is corrupt data on the SD card unplug everything and allow to sit for 10 min before plugging back in before tonight’s treatment hopefully all willl be good

Thanks for the great suggestion jaswilliams! I'll give unplugging the machine a try, hopefully it'll do the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2018, 07:02 PM)thibaulthib Wrote: Hello,

How old is your son? Sorry to ask this question as well but, has he been drinking alcohol?
I also see a lot of Pressure pulse, does it happen often?

The Sleepyhead chart looks exactly like mine 3 weeks ago, please take a look at this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eas-scared

I woke up and I felt something was wrong too, I felt really anxious, was shaking a lot and felt danger around me. And few minutes later I had a panic attack. I knew it was not a SD card bug, but my case is that I have been drinking excessively the night before, which lead to extreme hypoventilation.

Thibault

What an interesting thread, I wasn't aware that drinking could cause hypo-ventilation. 
Your chart does look similar to my son's, but my son was home all night and I'm certain that he hadn't had any alcohol. I hope that you were able to resolve your problems. Thanks for the input Thibault!
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries!

However you may look if your son is doing more hypoventilation in the future, and talk with his pulmonologist/neurologist.

He may recommend him to move to VPAP S/T to remove this flat breathing, as I had to do, because I am also doing hypoventilation totally sober.

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.