Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High AHI readings - no explanation from somnographer
If you're game for some experimentation, try setting your machine for minimum pressure 10, and maximum pressure 10. Set EPR to 1 or off. This should significantly reduce CA, and may allow a few OA. I think it's important to look at the data, but since this change has occurred suddenly, and is unexplained, a cardiac workup including left ventricular ejection factor may be useful to eliminate the scarier possibilities of things that can be associated with a high occurrence of CA and periodic breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2017, 10:21 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you're game for some experimentation, try setting your machine for minimum pressure 10, and maximum pressure 10.  Set EPR to 1 or off.  This should significantly reduce CA, and may allow a few OA.  I think it's important to look at the data, but since this change has occurred suddenly, and is unexplained, a cardiac workup including left ventricular ejection factor fraction may be useful to eliminate the scarier possibilities of things that can be associated with a high occurrence of CA and periodic breathing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High AHI after switching from Wisp mask to Nuance Pro? tomkatt 7 156 08-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
Video [Pressure] Pressure seems too high, out of control gailtilt 8 326 08-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bluemom51
  Please Help with AHIs Too High/Bad Insomnia bluemom51 17 2,001 08-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  Flow Rate Readings holden4th 5 217 08-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head) mraroid 36 1,004 08-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: mraroid
  Full face mask recommendation s for high pressure slumberland 2 177 07-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Treatment] Why am i getting a very high flow rate with long inhale, hold, and short exhale? sw33ttsunade 7 296 07-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider