Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High AHI still when on CPAP
RE: High AHI still when on CPAP
I want to point you to our positional apnea wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
and the soft cervical collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

I'm certain those will help you. Note that positional apnea does not mean sleeping on your back, it is the curve and obstruction that results from tucking your chin, and many people experience it on their side as well as on their back. A tall firm pillow really works against you, but a soft collar can overcome these issues, and we have even seen people that sleep in reclining chairs resolve these problems with a collar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice everyone! Last night I used a thin pillow and my AHI was 19 which is the best I've gotten yet. I can post a screenshot tonight if it matters. I will definitely try a collar, just hoping someone might have something that will work in my town. I only have a week trial left with the cpap so it would be nice to find one right away.
Post Reply Post Reply
GREAT!! 
now please post Oscar from last night and get a more appropriate pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a link to one that is available in my town.  Hard to tell by looking at the pic if it's any good but it's cheap enough to try.
[Commercial Link Removed] Search for, Life Brand/Soft cervical collar

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
This collar looks like it will support your chin but looks a bit fat and the price suggests it may not be high quality.  It will help, but be prepared to try others.  If your health system is considering bilevel, and you can talk them into a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, Get the machine!  The Philips is not as good, but the Vauto is going to be a great machine, even if we resolve your positional apnea with a collar.

[Image: white.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the screenshot from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You still have so much positional apnea that we need to clear it up more before we can do much. But your low is really high. I would try min 12. That (I think) is still to high but give it a try. 

But try again with the collar. Good luck tonight!

So max at 20
Min at 12
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 689 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.