Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High CA in PSG and with Bipap
RE: High CA in PSG and with Bipap
Guys,

Well, it turns out that I feel much worse with high hypopnea readings than I did with high clear airway readings.  An AHI of 6.61 would not normally be considered high, but I woke up exhausted for the first time since I started Bipap.  When I was getting 4-6 AHI with min EPAP = 4, max IPAP = 14 and PS = 4-8, I felt a lot better.  So, I think their PSG titration was as good as could be for me on Bipap or CPap.  I do believe that ASV is the answer.  I see the doc on 12/5/17, so I will squeak loud and long.
Any other settings to try for now?

Thanks,

Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see what we have here:

Nov 14 Fixed 6

[Image: WQo40Ed.png]

Nov 15: Fixed 7.0

[Image: T5TZ9LO.png]

Nov 16: Fixed 8.0

[Image: XRtJaPq.png]

Let's see....10, 8, 6.  I believe I spot a positive trend!

Do I hear a bid for 9.0? I am completely with you on the ASV, and will caution you that improving your results to what might be considered better efficacy may slow your approval for the machine you really need. Glad to see the progress here, but we can't really treat central apnea and hypopnea with CPAP, although we may stabilize it a bit. Your feedback on how you "feel" is much more important than the numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a great tip, Sleeprider!
It is one I have considered.  Leaving my AHI alone and at a high level would
probably facilitate getting an ASV machine sooner.

Thanks,

Joe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 50 11 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,322 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 202 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 23 542 03-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 171 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.