Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High DPI support in Oscar?
High DPI support in Oscar?
I have a 13" Surface Book, and with the small-ish 3000:2000 screen, I tend to have fonts scale to 200%. Needless to say, Oscar doesn't like these settings very much, and things can be difficult to read. In the overview page, text is small enough to be difficult to read, and in the daily view, the category titles are illegible due to the font being too large, graphs are a bit too zoomed-out, the times collide with the dividing lines. 

It looks fine on my work macbook, but I'd prefer to not use that machine for this.

Though I originally had Sleepyhead installed on this machine, and Oscar at least is a huge improvement over that!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High DPI support in Oscar?
I found this on the internet.  I hope this is what you are describing. . .

Scaled resolution
For Macs with Retina displays, you can't lower the native resolution to a specific resolution in order to increase the size of text and icons like you can on other laptops and displays. That's never a great idea anyway because you lose sharpness in the bargain for larger, more legible letters. Retina displays offer what Apple calls "scaled resolutions" to bump up size of text and icons. Open System Preferences and go to Displays. On the Display tab, you'll see two options at the top of the window for Resolution: Default for display and Scaled. Choose Scaled and, depending on the size of your Retina display, you'll have four or five options. Choose one of the two options on the Larger Text side to make it easier to read what's on your display.

[attachment=12968]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh. I meant to clarify, it looks fine in the macbook, but the fonts are messed up as seen in the pictures in my Windows laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2019, 10:07 AM)gsilver Wrote: I have a 13" Surface Book, and with the small-ish 3000:2000 screen, I tend to have fonts scale to 200%. Needless to say, Oscar doesn't like these settings very much, and things can be difficult to read. In the overview page, text is small enough to be difficult to read, and in the daily view, the category titles are illegible due to the font being too large, graphs are a bit too zoomed-out, the times collide with the dividing lines.

Exactly where in Windows did you scale the fonts?  Let me know and I'll try those settings on my machine and see if I can reproduce the behavior.  If I can reproduce it, I should be able to fix it!

And to be clear, when you say "overview" page, are you referring to the Statistics page, which is what you showed?  What about the actual Overview page?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's in the display settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
For the graph labels, go to File/Preferences and the Appearance tab.  Adjust the point size of the two graph fonts until the graph labelling is legible to you.

If you adjust the application font point size, the Statistics page may look better and the menu bar may be less hidden, though I am uncertain about the menu bar.  That may be a problem we have to address.  Let us know whether you can adjust the fonts to make OSCAR look good to you.

We do know that the adjusting the application point size does not affect every graphical element.  That's on our list of issues.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
By increasing the application font size to 20 and reducing the graph titles font to 10, the graphs and statistics tab are legible.
The file menu and preferences screen now have comically large fonts, but I shouldn't need to use those much. This is at least good enough for me to primarily use Oscar on my personal computer instead of my work laptop.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Out of curiosity, have you tried this solution for high resolution monitors? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...n_Monitors

For Windows machines, OSCAR.exe is located in C:\Program Files x86\Oscar, and the compatibility tab is available by right-clicking the exe file. So everything should work the same way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepware G3 support stanG3 2 101 04-10-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: stanG3
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 868 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Oscar support for Lowenstein Prisma20A pls2000 1 176 03-22-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 397 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  support for AirSense 11 model 39520? roost 1 293 02-12-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BMC G2S A20/Luna II OSCAR support HarryDuBois 9 1,037 01-18-2024, 03:13 AM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,384 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.