Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High Leak! Adjust Mask
High Leak! Adjust Mask
Greetings. I have used my Resmed Elite II religiously for a number of years and seem to have run into a bit of a challenge with my machine. Before I take it into the shop, I thought I'd throw the question out to the forum to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Shortly after putting on my mask last night and turning on my machine, I noticed something felt a little different. The pressure seemed higher than usual and the mask seemed to raise up and down with each breath (not coming off the face or breaking the seal).

I looked over at the machine display and it read "High Leak!!! Adjust Mask" I fiddled with my mask and the machine but couldn't find anything different than normal other than performance and display. I eventually set it for a slow ramp up and went to sleep. Obviously, when I woke this morning, it gave me the typical high leak in last session message.

Trying to be proactive, I've been testing things since I got home from work today, but continue to get the "High Leak!!!" message. I've swapped out my mask (I keep a spare handy with a good cushion), tubing and the humidifier water container to no avail. I did travel with my machine over the weekend, and it is possible that the machine got jostled around a bit - but nothing significant.

Any ideas or things I should try before making an appointment to bring my machine in for a check-up?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High Leak!!! Adjust Mask
Hi kerfeld and welcome
You can turn off leak alert in the clinical menu
From S8 manual ... the manual is available via email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

a. If the leak exceeded 0.4 L/s (24 L/min) for more than 30% of the previous session, the following message will appear on the LCD:
High leak in last session

b. The Leak Alert feature, if enabled, will alert the patient when mask leak
exceeds 0.7 L/s (42 L/min) for more than 20 seconds.

If leak is not coming from the mask ... look for any pin-hole in the hose and hose connection for any leaks

S8 setup videos and more stuff
http://vimeo.com/19565675
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High Leak!!! Adjust Mask
Hi kerfeld,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High Leak! Adjust Mask
Kerfeld, I edited your subject title. Sometimes, multiple punctuation or symbol marks makes the forum software hiccup. I removed the "extra" exclamation points.

As for your machine, have you tried to unplug the machine, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in?

When you traveled, you emptied the humidifier tank, right?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High Leak! Adjust Mask
The Quattro FFM has a tendency for the cushion to lift slightly off the frame giving me large leak alarms. It's not obvious- you have to look very carefully at the seal.
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 302 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 343 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 113 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 143 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,263 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 419 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 202 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.