Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last chance, I'm failing!
RE: Last chance, I'm failing!
I use a case logic brand laptop backpack loaded with three cans of tennis balls.
Guaranteed to get you from sleeping on your back and onto your side. Wear at least a t-shirt under it to prevent chafing.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 09:02 PM)Shastzi Wrote: I use a case logic brand laptop backpack loaded with three cans of tennis balls.

Wink

....and, when you get up at 3:00 for that early morning pit stop, you can check your email!

Post Reply Post Reply
For what its worth Im an old hand at this afib ablation surgery trail. Had afib off and on semi controlled by meds, mostly not, for 20 years. Cardio conversion by shock is a huge majority of the time a waste of time as the Afib will come back. Ablation can take up to 13 months in some cases to actually make a major difference. And its not as safe as they would like you to believe. Research it yourself instead of taking a docs word for it as to what can happen during that procedure. Total dependency on a pacemaker is one for starters.

Had ablation surgery that was botched by having my heart punctured during the surgery but he did get a few of the spots he was tracking before the goof up. So here is what I know. Take it for what its worth.

One. A rapid pulse is rarely a sign of afib. skipping slow irregular yeah racing regular pulse no.
Two you can be in afib, actually most are, and dont know it except they suddenly feel very tired because the heart isnt pumping the enough blood. Your atriums can be running a 150 BPM and you pulse that you can feel be in a normal range. Ventricles provide your pulse not your atria.

Three- The ONLY way to know for sure you are in afib is to have a ekg while you are in afib.

By the smothering an rapid pulse it sounds more like your cpap pressure increases and you are hyperventilating.

That in no way means you shouldnt get checked for afib again by a holter monitor. But a racing regular pulse isnt anything I ever experienced with afib over a period of 20 years. Slow irregular yeah, tachy and irregular rarely. Always I suddenly felt as if I needed to take nap and was very very tired when it kicked in if my pulse was regular or not.

The cpap isnt causing it. It WILL help it or stop it. However cardiac meds bp meds CAN lead to av block afib etc over prolonged use. Add sleep apnea to that and you get AFIB. Dont ask me how I know. But trust me I do.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, download and use SleepyHead. It's much better than Encore, and is free.

Are you in the US? What kind of insurance do you have? Individual, from work, medicare, ???

Which particular Philips Respironics machine do you have? Take the water tank out so you don't damage your machine with water, and look on the bottom for a label with something like REF 560P. Tell us what that says.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone , other then the afib, my heart is in great condition according to my cardiologist and EP. I ALSO SLEEP ON MY 98% of the night! as I have a bad back that will wake me up when on it to long. When I felt like I could not breath it was on my side. Again, it felt like my lungs were full and could not take in anymore air. Has anyone had this problem before?

I did not use my CPAP last night. Ism putting it back on tonight. I,ll let you know what happens.

Sorry for typos and all caps above, meant to say I sleep on my side 98% of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I did check my data, found no unusual problems. It just shows my pressure going up around 3:15 to 4:00 am. It also shows one hypo apnea, two flow restrictions, and two vibrant snores flags.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2014, 10:45 PM)dallasc5 Wrote: Thanks everyone , other then the afib, my heart is in great condition according to my cardiologist and EP. I ALSO SLEEP ON MY 98% of the night! as I have a bad back that will wake me up when on it to long. When I felt like I could not breath it was on my side. Again, it felt like my lungs were full and could not take in anymore air. Has anyone had this problem before?

I did not use my CPAP last night. Ism putting it back on tonight. I,ll let you know what happens.

Sorry for typos and all caps above, meant to say I sleep on my side 98% of the night.

The only other thing I can suggest is an experience I had awhile back. I was sleeping soundly when for some reason I opened my mouth. In my dream state I listened to the wind tunnel sounds coming from that experience and decided that I was not able to breath. So I woke up. It was not all that much fun, but it was just a strange occurrence.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Its been a year and a half, and I still feel like I am failing. APLJACK 1 514 07-29-2023, 03:42 AM
Last Post: APLJACK
  Airtouch/Airfit F20 Elbow Failing JohnHornbuckle 10 5,083 12-02-2022, 03:19 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  [CPAP] New CPAP user failing to get through the night, in need of guidance BeMurda 19 1,427 01-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
Question Thirteen years of CPAP - now failing again. [Central apnea] tykelmice 38 4,544 12-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  One FFM failing miserably, the other (uncomfortable) one is working renoir 10 1,443 11-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Question SD Card or Machine failing to record? Mosquitobait 1 1,188 10-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  ASV for complex apnea - VA says increases chance for heart problems? TexasTiger 11 2,252 09-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.