Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High Resp Rate
High Resp Rate
I'm new to using an APAP, as I just started 2 weeks ago. I have a Resmed S9 in the Autoset mode.

I'm sleeping well, with an AHI right around 2.0. I have noticed a trend occuring in the middle of the night. When I am sleeping my respiration rate (Breaths/minute) suddenly increase from about 15 to 20. This lasts for about an hour and returns to normal. This can sometimes occur one or twice per night. Is this REM sleep perhaps?

A typical graph is at:

[Image: Elevated%20Resp%20Rate.JPG]

Sorry, I'm too new to allow links.

**** I fixed it for you. In the future, use it as an attachment. See the how-to here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

And when you are here long enough to be able to post links, this is how you do an image:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...13#pid3213
- PaulaO2

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High Resp Rate
Hi Kbeckman, Welcome

I believe this is happening when you just enter REM.

I have similar patterns too, while in REM, according to WebMD: In people without sleep disorders, heart rate and respiration speed up and become erratic during REM sleep. During this stage the eyes move rapidly in different directions.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried using an attachment, but it said I couldn't do that either....
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2012, 03:44 PM)kbeckman Wrote: I tried using an attachment, but it said I couldn't do that either....

Hi kbeckman, welcome to Apnea Board!

There are file size limits - the file you tried to attach was a bit too large.

See this thread, which gives the limits:

Quote:Your total attachment storage is limited depending on your level of membership (found just above your avatar and below your username; also found on your profile)
  • New Members: 200 kb
  • Members: 512 kb
  • Preferred Members: 600 kb
  • Wiki Editors: 700 kb
  • Master Members: 1024 kb

For individual size limits, (.doc, .txt, .jpg, etc), see this chart.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2012, 11:07 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
Quote:For individual size limits, (.doc, .txt, .jpg, etc), see this chart.

SuperSleeper,

For future reference, is there a minimum post requirement before being allowed to add an attachment? i.e. can a new member add an attachment on their very first post with the caveat of the membership level size restrictions?

For some reason I thought there was a post requirement of 8 posts before being allowed to add attachments.

Am I possibly confusing the post number requirement to be able to add a link to a post?

Thanks,

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ren,

(12-19-2012, 11:20 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: For future reference, is there a minimum post requirement before being allowed to add an attachment?

No limit on adding attachments for new members - only on file size, within the limits as posted above. The problem with kbeckman's file was that it was a bit over 300 kb, and the limit for new members is 200 kb.

Quote:For some reason I thought there was a post requirement of 8 posts before being allowed to add attachments.
Am I possibly confusing the post number requirement to be able to add a link to a post?

Yes, that restriction is for outside links, not attachments. Correct. It's basically a spam-control thing... many times spammers join the forum and post an outside link right away. This prevents that from happening. There are also other restrictions for those who try to by-pass this by posting a bunch of posts quickly to build a higher post-count, but we have counter-measures installed to prevent that from happening as well (which will remain semi-secret for obvious reasons). Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's called The Hammer.

I need to go looking for another hammer avatar. This one has lost it's threatening capabilities due to continued familiarity. That and I cracked the handle on the last knees I hit.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2012, 12:26 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It's called The Hammer.

I need to go looking for another hammer avatar. This one has lost it's threatening capabilities due to continued familiarity. That and I cracked the handle on the last knees I hit.

Too-funnyLaugh-a-lotDielaughing

We have this idiot lawyer on TV commercials that calls himself The Texas Hammer, would that help?

Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Only if I could use his head as an anvil.

I'll be in Dallas in June. I'll look him up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2012, 12:26 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: This one has lost it's threatening capabilities due to continued familiarity. That and I cracked the handle on the last knees I hit.

It was my head you hit, not my knees... Yowser! Hammer
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 321 4 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 11 186 6 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 324 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 106 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 117 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 930 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 12 353 03-29-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.