Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High flow rate? - another unwell feeling, O2 dropping and quit breathing
RE: High flow rate? - another unwell feeling, O2 dropping and quit breathing
Here is from later in the night, when I started feeling better. This is what my graphs normally look like. Oh and every 15-20min, I always take a deeper breath as seen here. I'm not sure why, but that has been always occurring like that.

[attachment=6841]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2018, 01:45 PM)MyronH Wrote: every 15-20min, I always take a deeper breath as seen here. I'm not sure why, but that has been always occurring like that.

Could be normal sleep position change.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2018, 01:45 PM)MyronH Wrote: Here is from later in the night, when I started feeling better. This is what my graphs normally look like. Oh and every 15-20min, I always take a deeper breath as seen here. I'm not sure why, but that has been always occurring like that.

Please zoom in more to show ~15 normal sleeping breaths.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2018, 02:42 PM)tedvpap Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 01:45 PM)MyronH Wrote: Here is from later in the night, when I started feeling better. This is what my graphs normally look like. Oh and every 15-20min, I always take a deeper breath as seen here. I'm not sure why, but that has been always occurring like that.

Please zoom in more to show ~15 normal sleeping breaths.
Thanks

Here is normal breathing. Which is how it was later in the night, once I felt better and the "unwell" feeling went away.
[attachment=6842]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
Although occasionally I also get jagged breathing like this.
[attachment=6843]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting the zoomed pictures. They look good in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me too – almost identical to mine, except you were taking 3 more breaths/minute than me (and my breathing was quite a bit shallower).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be third to say this looks fine. The early night CA appears to be of minimal duration and I can't begin to suggest a solution for it. The steady breathing when you sleep looks textbook perfect. The jagged breathing at 05:09 is probably a sleep stage transition.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 08:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'll be third to say this looks fine. The early night CA appears to be of minimal duration and I can't begin to suggest a solution for it. The steady breathing when you sleep looks textbook perfect.  The jagged breathing at 05:09 is probably a sleep stage transition.

ok thanks for the assistance. I guess there is not much else I can do, until I hear back from Neurologist for the EEG, and also see GI Doctor. I just wish they could figure out what is causing those "unwell/depressed breathing" symptoms on certain days. Because I definitely have more CA's on those nights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Just to show you the WORST CASE SCENARIO***, here is when I was in the hospital last month for DVT/PE blood clots. One night I had that same "unwell" feeling and couldn't sleep. Every time I dozed off, CA's happened. The hospital oximeter also went off a couple times but the staff just ignored it.

All of this started 3 months ago, and know one knows what is causing these random symptoms of mine feeling unwell.

My doctors said to contact MAYO CLINIC to see if I can get further testing done.

[attachment=6853]
[attachment=6854]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,145 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 82 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 255 5 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 308 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.