Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High leak rate but low AHI
High leak rate but low AHI
i recently purchased my S9 Elite in the black market to replace my ailing Remstar Auto. The new machine had only 450hrs on it.

When I do a mask check (F&P Eson) I get a smile face on the display and I go to sleep. When I wake up and check the sleep summary my smile has turned to a frown and my leak rate is 68L/ min  Even with this leak rate my AHI is avg  of 0.9.

I don't feel any leaks. I also feel rested.

Pressure is 15.6 and I use humidifier.

I can not figure this out. Should I be concerned?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High leak rate but low AHI
I should also mention that I am not using the slimline tubing that came with the S9 because the previous owners cat had a great time chomping small holes in that. Instead I'm using standard tubing from my Remstar Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
As an engineer I am thinking that there is a leak in your machine somewhere from the point where the air is pumped to the delivery to your face. 

A classic method of isolating this leak would be to make up a solution of soapy water and put it over suspected areas with care not to destroy your machine. Use paper towels and use it sparingly. 

Or your could wrap sections with plastic wrap and see where air bulges are.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Oquatanginwann,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 44 10 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 261 Today, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 339 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 326 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 124 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 934 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.