Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High number of apneas in early morning
High number of apneas in early morning
It seems to happen to me often that I go through a big portion of the night with few apneas, low leakage rate.  However I usually get up around 3 or 4 to go to the bathroom.  Afterwards  I sometimes then have a large number of apneas in the period from 4 to 7 pm.  Last night was extreme with maybe 50 apneas occurring during this period, the majority being clear air apneas.   Anyone have any clues about what's happening or had a similar experience ? Prior to my bathroom break, my AHI was under 1 but I ended the night with an AHI of 7.73
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High number of apneas in early morning
(10-12-2018, 07:40 PM)Ctyankee Wrote: It seems to happen to me often that I go through a big portion of the night with few apneas, low leakage rate.  However I usually get up around 3 or 4 to go to the bathroom.  Afterwards  I sometimes then have a large number of apneas in the period from 4 to 7 pm.  Last night was extreme with maybe 50 apneas occurring during this period, the majority being clear air apneas.   Anyone have any clues about what's happening or had a similar experience ? Prior to my bathroom break, my AHI was under 1 but I ended the night with an AHI of 7.73

Part of this could be sleep/awake junk that shows up near the beginning and end of a sleep cycle. Personally, I seem to have a habit of holding my breath when I turn over and that records as a CA as my airway is open. 

Perhaps if you download and install #Sleepyhead and post some of the data, forum members could provide additional advice and counseling. And, there is your doctor and sleep tech at your DME for analysis and advice.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 596 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 704 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.