Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High pressure Resmed S9
High pressure Resmed S9
Is it me or the machine. I have used a Resmed S9 for 8 weeks now and i took the SD card back to the supplier on Friday and they read the data for me. All good so far! When I re-inserted the SD card and turned the machine on for the night, I got a rush of high pressure that would not abate and I could not use the machine last night at all. I fiddled with hoses, mask, power lead SD card etc today but nothing changed. Unfortunately my supplier is not open on the weekend so I have nowhere to go for assistance for tonight or Sunday night. Is there anyone out there who may be able to assist with a fix that I can do??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High pressure Resmed S9
Hi Hynie46, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there and someone will be along to give you some suggestions soon. I hope you can at least do something so you can use your machine for the next couple nights, best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board
S9 setup instruction video
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Read the instruction and make sure to the setup video
Start the machine and see what pressure displayed on the LCD screen

The S9 manual is available Via Email (Go to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Also ResScan software is available so you don,t need going to the CPAP seller
The link to the download is on the first page
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1

Post Reply Post Reply
I did all of those things and all of the settings look normal to me. Up until last night everything worked fine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Start the machine and tell us what pressure shows on the LCD screen

If Ramp is turned off it should shows 7 (your set pressure as in profile)

Post Reply Post Reply
What happens if you take the card out and turn on the machine?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2012, 10:38 PM)zonk Wrote: Start the machine and tell us what pressure shows on the LCD screen

If Ramp is turned off it should shows 7 (your set pressure as in profile)

It gets to about 4.1 but blows the mask off my face!!

(09-14-2012, 10:54 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: What happens if you take the card out and turn on the machine?

Makes no difference, card in or out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2012, 11:22 PM)Hynie46 Wrote: It gets to about 4.1 but blows the mask off my face!!
Something is not right. You need to take back and have it replaced covered by the new two years machine warranty but that not going help you over the week end. Do mask fit test ... the default pressure if hasn't changed is 10

Try re-booting? unplug the machine from power source, wait few minutes then plug back and turn the machine back on.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2012, 01:57 AM)zonk Wrote:
(09-14-2012, 11:22 PM)Hynie46 Wrote: It gets to about 4.1 but blows the mask off my face!!
Something is not right. You need to take back and have it replaced covered by the new two years machine warranty but that not going help you over the week end. Do mask fit test ... the default pressure if hasn't changed is 10

Try re-booting? unplug the machine from power source, wait few minutes then plug back and turn the machine back on.

Yeh, thanks, did all that but no change. Me thinks something seriously wrong with the machine. I guess I'll just have to snore for the next two nights!!!Huh

Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed S9 has a "Mask Fit" feature, which I think is turned on by pressing the large round knob which turns.

To simply start the machine without starting Mask Fit, press once (not long, just one second) on the power button (not the turnable knob).

I've gotten confused and tripped up by this, so please forgive me for suggesting this might be the problem.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 689 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,414 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.